Hey UGers, quick question about my left hand.

I'm trying to increase my speed and my pinky seems to be slower than the rest, but it seems like it moves quite disjointed compared to my other three fingers. It because its double jointed.

I've heard from one place that it is better because it adds strength to the pinky, but i am not seeing strength.

If i continue to practice slowly, would my pinky become stronger and less double jointed? Meaning stronger and faster pinky? Or because it is double jointed, i cannot improve it?

Cheers
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
That won't be a problem.. being double-jointed doesn't affect your finger strength.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Just keep working at it. I've seen a guy play bass and guitar w/ his feet. I think you could do anything if you set your mind to it. My pinky was very weak at first as well and not fast enough to keep up with my other fingers, now it can though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
^ YESSS im not the only one who has seen the big toe band

go look em up on youtube, you can play guitar while holding the pick with your asscheecks, its just a matter of building strength
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
Just keep working at it. I've seen a guy play bass and guitar w/ his feet. I think you could do anything if you set your mind to it. My pinky was very weak at first as well and not fast enough to keep up with my other fingers, now it can though.

I dont think the strength is even a problem. I aswell have a double-jointed pinky. It is strong enough to use, but the problem is it doesnt move fluidly, which can be a real pain.
Quote by isaac_bandits
I dont think the strength is even a problem. I aswell have a double-jointed pinky. It is strong enough to use, but the problem is it doesnt move fluidly, which can be a real pain.

Yeah the problem is that it doesn't move as fluidly as the rest of my fingers.

So I should just keep practicing?

Thanks alot fellas,

Cheers
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
I say.. just chop it off! Nah, just kidding. Just keep working on it and you'll soon get better :P
It depends, there are several causes for that and depending which one is causing it can have a very different effect overall on how it acts.

There is no such actual thing as being double jointed, that is just sort of a common term used for a couple of different conditions. If it is only the one finger, it may just be you need to build strength in it and you actually aren't double jointed.

However, if you actually are double jointed, in most cases you will be weaker and more prone to injury, and there is no way around that. It isn't one general condition though and there are numerous causes that effect different aspects of the body that give different effects, so it really wouldn't be possible to say for sure without knowing which exact one you have and the severity of it.