hey guys, I've just joined, ( ) and I'm a beginner guitarist.

What do you think of the Epiphone Goth Les Paul? I love the matte black finish, and I am thinking of buying it, along with an amp, as my first electric guitar/ amp combo, all I have is some Yamaha Acoustic.

So what amp should I get, and is this guitar any good?
well as far as i know epi studio's are pretty **** guitars (i've heard about frets popping out pickups suddenly stop working , tuners that break) so i say save up for a LP standard or a SG-400

Edit: and the amp... well if you want a goth LP i suggest youlike metal ... as a practice amp i will suggest (omg!) a Marshall mg 15 xD
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
well as far as i know epi studio's are pretty **** guitars (i've heard about frets popping out pickups suddenly stop working , tuners that break) so i say save up for a LP standard or a SG-400

Edit: and the amp... well if you want a goth LP i suggest youlike metal ... as a practice amp i will suggest (omg!) a Marshall mg 15 xD

I hope you're joking...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
I hope you're joking...

about the amp ok the mg is **** but if the guy already has to save up long for a epi studio i think i can't suggesta marshall JCM 800 right?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
about the amp ok the mg is **** but if the guy already has to save up long for a epi studio i think i can't suggesta marshall JCM 800 right?

I have actually seen no problems with the studio, but maybe I just had a good one.
The amp is definitely crap though... even spiders are better than MG's.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
I have actually seen no problems with the studio, but maybe I just had a good one.

my best friend had a lp studio 2 tuners broke and his bridge pickup died after 3 months if he buys the studio it's fine with me but i think he's better off with the goth g-400
and to the amp well spiders are also **** but he can buy a spider if he wants but my band's rhythym guitarist has a mg 15 as practice amp and is not that bad
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by stradivari310

rofl no they arn't mgs arn't that bad
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by Burning Star 4
rofl no they arn't mgs arn't that bad

what he said xD

Bump!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Epiphone Studio will do you well for your first guitar. As far as the amp, there are a ton of different amps to look around for, especially if you dig metal. Maybe try VOX ADVT XL series, or something like that.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
The Spider isn't that bad as a first amp. Sure, the sound isn't top notch, but it's more than enough for a beginner in my opinion. Starting out, you're not that picky about your tone.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by SquierLolz

never trust some1 who wants you to buy a marshall mg.
Go try out the Epi goth. It may be a good guitar. Read some reviews on UG (this site :P) and harmony-central.com.

for a practice amp on a tight budget Id suggest a Roland micro cube. Its something youd want to keep forever. The sound is decent and it works on batteries, which is a reason to never get rid of it (you can bring it anywhere and play guitar).
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
never trust some1 who wants you to buy a marshall mg.
Go try out the Epi goth. It may be a good guitar. Read some reviews on UG (this site :P) and harmony-central.com.

for a practice amp on a tight budget Id suggest a Roland micro cube. Its something youd want to keep forever. The sound is decent and it works on batteries, which is a reason to never get rid of it (you can bring it anywhere and play guitar).

Listen to this guy i was to stupid to think of that amp
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Thanks guys you are really helpful... I'm not too into metal really I like bands like Muse and etc, and i like the look and feel of Les Paul guitars.

And that Roland micro cube sounds like a good amp for me.. never looked at Roland amps.

What would the best place to get guitar products in Australia be if I was ordering online (I live in VIC), or would it be better to hit up the local music stores?
Last edited by Shredded Cheese at Feb 1, 2008,