I want to buy a hard rock-metal guitar. Price range: up to 1600€

Can you suggest me some?

Thx in advance
schechter Esp ibanez that kind of guitars but i could help you more if you gave some exact detailsof what you want
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
That's a lot of cash What amp do you have?
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I don't want to sound rude, but if you need to ask a forum, you don't want to spend that much on a guitar. You don't know what you want...
For that amount od money you can get the perfect guitar for you, but obviously you don't know what it should be, or am I wrong?
Other than that, what are your favorite bands? Look into guitars they use

EDIT:

or you can buy two guitars, one for hard rock, the other for metal
Last edited by Klayy at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by DSOTM80
Hello Kitty guitar

xD hahahahahaha i've seen that guyon youtube with a hello kitty squier and he put a emg in it and it rocked xD

Ibanez S series!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
There are so many options at that price, you really need to build up your own understanding to make your own informed decision about it.

For that price you could find someone to build you a completely custom guitar, not necessarily the really pricey places like ESP (if you look at some of the weird guitars they make, you can see why they are so expensive), but that is definitely enough for some of the smaller companies and some luthiers. Then again you could buy a stock guitar you like and put whatever you want into it.

With that amount of money, you really could turn a Hello Kitty Strat into a metal machine without a problem. So you need to figure out what you want, advice only helps so much, but you are at a price range where you can get pretty much anything functional you want (you probably can't get ESP to build a giant rubber duckie with devil horns and three necks, for example, but that is more aesthetic than practical), so you need to figure out what you want.

Keep in mind though, the amp is quite important, and when you factor that in, you actually don't have enough for some of the really high end stuff. So if you need better amps, too, you need to weigh that in. That is a lot of money for just the guitar, but if you need to get amps with that as well, it becomes a comfortably good amount (still nice, but not quite the same level of extravagance).
Quote by SquierLolz
xD hahahahahaha i've seen that guyon youtube with a hello kitty squier and he put a emg in it and it rocked xD

Ibanez S series!

Yup, thats what I was talking about (video). I'm half serious too. If you think about it, you buy a Squier Affinity thats in good shape, take out the stock pickguard and components and buy a new pickguard thats cut for 1 humbucker and 1 volume knob. Buy CTS or Fender 500k tapered volume pot, pop in an EMG 81 in the bridge position, block the trem and have it sitting flush with the body, add locking tuners and you're set. The new Blackouts are affected by the wood of the guitar much more, with EMG's you could hook it up to a cinder block and it would sound metal.

Obviously sounds like the guy has no clue. If you wanna buy a guitar up to 1600 pounds then you should already know what you want and wouldn't need to ask. My choice is still the pink Hello Kitty for him, he deserves it.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Well I listen to Metallica, scorpions mostly. What about ESP Truckster? I have I mesa boogie f-50
Don't get that, you can get the same guitar, only cheaper. I'd suggest you look at the ESP, not LTD but ESP series guitars. The Eclipse I and II. Or maybe some Edwards, I think you can get them in Europe, I'm sure I've seen a site
For 1600 euros I'd get a custom job...Ran and Legra are two names that spring to mind, where are you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quite possibly, my next guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzgV8xLOhR8

Put the rest towards an amp.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by mike_rhd
Well I listen to Metallica, scorpions mostly. What about ESP Truckster? I have I mesa boogie f-50

Why do people keep telling him to get a new amp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by eaton1012
Good amp first XD
Then cool guitar

He has an F50. I don't think he needs to worry about the amp.

I'd say get a standard series ESP. Eclipse II, M-II, Horizon III, Viper, MV, SV... all good choices.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
well obviously ur not gonna need a new amp, for that much money u could choose from a huge range of guitars, try schecter c-1 hellraiser, or possibly look into getting a custom made model
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
thx guys !! it was really heplfull! the brands that make custom guitars ...can I find them in europe?????
Quote by mike_rhd
thx guys !! it was really heplfull! the brands that make custom guitars ...can I find them in europe?????

Yeah, you should have no problems putting in a custom order, but duties/import taxes might start racking up a bit.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by steven seagull
For 1600 euros I'd get a custom job...Ran and Legra are two names that spring to mind, where are you?

Aren't Rans more expensive than 1600 euros? when I filled in the quote on the site, the guitar I wanted to build would have costed me 2300 euros

my english is sooo bad today btw. sorry
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball