I've worked on my sweep picking, its now at an 'acceptable' level. Just wanna ask for some cool sweep picked licks or songs for me to work on. Thanks guys.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
the ones in psalm of lydia and i,voyager by nevermore are pretty amazing. also pretty hard though
kiuas have some good sweeping as well.
Check out the album nocturne by the human abstract, a lot of sweeping work throughout the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waCbpAxhCs8 this one's got some pretty good sweep licks in from about 1:20

and check out some protest the hero stuff, Kezia had some sweeping in it but the new album fortress has a lot more
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Thanks guys. Yea, i've been trying out Psalms of Lydia, dead hard. Any more recommendations?
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
yea definitely altitudes by jason becker. no boundaries by michael angelo batio has some nice sweeps too.
Ants of the sky - Between the buried and me. 6minutes in theres like a 8 bar long 6 string sweeps. Im trying to learn it damn hard.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
The Glass prison has a neat little arpeggio section. Some folks pick it, some sweep it.

It's not really hard to write your own arpeggios to sweep to.

Just find a scale you like and then break it down into single note per strings going up and down the neck.

If you don't know any scales go to http://www.guitarists.net/scales/index.php and check them out.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The Glass prison has a neat little arpeggio section. Some folks pick it, some sweep it.

Just find a scale you like and then break it down into single note per strings going up and down the neck.

If you don't know any scales go to http://www.guitarists.net/scales/index.php and check them out.

+1

My favorite sweeping lick.
Dickless.
Thanks for all the input guys, i'll try these out.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by MESAexplorer

Might try that, should be easier to learn if you know the c major and minor shape like the back of your hand. Like Me.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Ending solo to Selkies The Endless Obsession by BTBAM has some nice sweeping in it as well.
+1 to Altitudes.
The sweeping section in the middle of Serrana is awesome. But it's pretty tough, most of it is all the way up the fretboard = very cramped. And it's pretty fast too.

edit: youtube linky
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Darn, those Serrana sweeps are hard, hate having short fingers.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Darn, those Serrana sweeps are hard, hate having short fingers.

It's not about finger size. It's about how you can articulate em.

My hands aren't very large, and I myself am about 5'8" or so but I've done larger interval stretches than some of my friends (one is about 6'4")
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
It's not about finger size. It's about how you can articulate em.

My hands aren't very large, and I myself am about 5'8" or so but I've done larger interval stretches than some of my friends (one is about 6'4")

Its not only that man, my pinky like 'locks up' sometimes, so i really have to concentrate to not allow it to get locked.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
All That Remains has some nice sweep picking in their music. I've also heard some really nice sweeping in the new Avenged Sevenfold album, but I haven't tried them myself yet.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by sdmf5150
Ending solo to Selkies The Endless Obsession by BTBAM has some nice sweeping in it as well.
+1 to Altitudes.

YES.

YES.

THE MOST FUN SWEEPING LICK (only sounds epic with the rhythm guitar tho)

EDIT; that whole song is fun to play
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by fatboythin
Its not only that man, my pinky like 'locks up' sometimes, so i really have to concentrate to not allow it to get locked.

Then you should probably just give up.

Or is that not what you want us to say?

Stop making excuses and learn it, you pansy.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Then you should probably just give up.

Or is that not what you want us to say?

Stop making excuses and learn it, you pansy.

Dude, i never said i wanted to give up. I'm just saying its hard for me, but i'm trying to overcome it. Stop acting like a 13 year old man.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Dude, i never said i wanted to give up. I'm just saying its hard for me, but i'm trying to overcome it. Stop acting like a 13 year old man.

Then don't complain, just do it. Whining won't solve anything.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212

Could you please stop being a prick? He's not complaining or whining, ffs.
Give the guy a break, at least he's trying.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by MetalMilitia212

dude your a F_cking C_ck
go f_ck yourself
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Glass Prison. Psalm of Lydia. Serrana. Selkies the Endless Obsession. And the list goes on...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Necrophagist songs have crazy sweep licks.
Up the Punx!
Quote by fatboythin
Thanks guys. Yea, i've been trying out Psalms of Lydia, dead hard. Any more recommendations?

hm really? I never found them to be very hard...I mean getting them up to speed may be a bit challenging, but thats how you improve

playing very simple sweeps really quick doesnt really do ****, playing wider interval sweeps like in psalm of lydia does in fact improve your technique and speed

Children of bodom have some fun sweeping licks....Kissing the Shadows solo has a couple fun sweep parts...hmm any of malmsteens sweeps are usually fun....

Michael Angelo has some fun sweeps that are generally easy...again speed is always an iissue but if you dont practice sweeps you cannot play to full speed then you wont ever be able to.

Other than that...ever thought of creating your own licks? its easy with sweeps, just find shapes that look like theyll be easy to transition to and combine them...figure out what kind of sound your looking for and find it. I find that really fun.

gl
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
bleeding mascara-atreyu. the intro is all sweeps i believe
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112