I'm looking for a 2x12 cab for my new Orange Tiny Terror. I was originally going to get an Orange 2x12 but they are just too damn expensive! I've looked into a couple of other cabs like the Marshall 2x12's but I've heard bad things about them...

I'm going for a vintage blues rock sound.

Any suggestions?
Either a marshall 2x12, they hold up pretty good, or thomann.de do the Framus 2x12 with celestion V-30's for £200, works great. Apart from only being 8ohms 100watt
^^ What he said..

I've never heard anything bad about Marshall cabs, they're the best cabs to look for because so many people use them, they're always selling really cheap on ebay because of the high availability. I would just look for a used 1936 on eBay. Perfectly fine cabs and will give you a good blues rock sound.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Either a marshall 2x12, they hold up pretty good, or thomann.de do the Framus 2x12 with celestion V-30's for £200, works great. Apart from only being 8ohms 100watt

I just checked out the Framus on thomann and it doesn't look bad for the money. I like V-30's too. I can't find any reviews on it though...

Several guys I've spoke to have said Marshall 2x12's aren't very good. Maybe they just need the speakers upgrading though...
What about an Orange 1x12? I doubt you need a 2x12 now, and you could always get another 1x12 down the road to have yourself a gorgeous looking little stack.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
What about an Orange 1x12? I doubt you need a 2x12 now, and you could always get another 1x12 down the road to have yourself a gorgeous looking little stack.

I'll be doing small gigs with it so I'd prefere a 2x12.
I've done some research and it seems that most people consider the Framus 2x12 to be a better cab than a Marshall 1936... At least a standard 1936...

And it's cheaper!
Quote by Karmaface
I'll be doing small gigs with it so I'd prefere a 2x12.

There's really not much volume difference between one and two speakers, and if you're mic'ing your cab, you'd only be mic'ing one speaker, anyway.

But it's up to you. That's the way I'd likely go. In fact, I just picked up a 1x12 for for a small head to replace a large and heavy 2x12. I'm pleased with the decision.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I built my own but after looking for some time on the internet, I found ready made empty cabs where you simply have to assemble, paint and put speakers in them. You could have a 2x12 with 2 V30s in it for about £170

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/flat-pack-2-x-12-speaker-cabinet-american-style-cnc_W0QQitemZ160203034515QQihZ006QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm in no way affiliated to customcabs btw, I was looking at them for myself actually..

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by slatsmania
There's really not much volume difference between one and two speakers, and if you're mic'ing your cab, you'd only be mic'ing one speaker, anyway.

But it's up to you. That's the way I'd likely go. In fact, I just picked up a 1x12 for for a small head to replace a large and heavy 2x12. I'm pleased with the decision.

The problem isn't volume but sound dispersal. At one of the places I rehearse they have a marshall 2x12 and 1x12 in every room (same amp). I can hear myself better with the 2x12 even though I play at the same volume with both cabs. I just seem to get a more direct sound from a 2x12, the 1x12 sounds more like it's traveling all the way around the room before it's getting back to me (in a direct sense).
Quote by hmmm_de_hum

fail

orange/matamp for the epic win
Quote by godofshred
fail

orange/matamp for the epic win

He already said he can't afford that. You fail.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Karmaface
I just checked out the Framus on thomann and it doesn't look bad for the money. I like V-30's too. I can't find any reviews on it though...

Several guys I've spoke to have said Marshall 2x12's aren't very good. Maybe they just need the speakers upgrading though...

i have that exact cab.
It's ****ing nice, get it.
Quote by Dream Pin
i have that exact cab.
It's ****ing nice, get it.

Yeah man. I think I'm going to go for it. Unless anyone else has any other recommendations?