Hey there!
I heard some pretty good things about the quality of guitarfetish in relation to their price but today I saw that they offered those ridiculously cheap priced "Xaviere" guitars. This has probably been asked often before but are they worth it? Or has anyone even tried those? Because the description says yes but my feeling says no! (I'm talking about the semi-hollow LP shape ones)
Thanks in advance!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
I don't know, but I've been interested in those semi-hollowbodies for quite some time now.
A lot of guys on the harmony-central.com forums have them, you may want to go over and ask them.

The consensus is that they are amazing guitars for the price, but may need to get their frets worked on at some point.

They are only cheap because Jay sells them direct and doesn't mark them up.

By far the best choice in the price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
You mean they need to be refretted at some point? How about the pickups?
Thanks!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
The pickups are the GFS pickups; better pickups than the stock ones in some guitars 3x the price.

I've heard of some people doing minor fret redresses to them.

After I buy mine I'll tell ya
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
try Rondomusic.net, they just recently updated their site, you might find something you like there for really cheap.
Originally Posted by Death_switch
Why would anyone learn to read braille through sight? This reminds me of a vending machine I saw with braille on the buttons. I mean what's the point if you can't see what the buttons correspond with?
Check Harmony Central.

Guitarfetish otherwise has pretty good products at killer prices. I'll fill you in on a couple days when my matched set of tele pickups comes in.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
They look nice, and +1 to asking someone from H-C.

The pups and hardware are average or above, I'd only be concerned about the build quality.