I'm gonna make a pedalboard soon, and I wanna know how I'm gonna power it, so I was thinking a daisy chain

how do they work, though? can I just take any daisy chain and hook it up to my 9volt boss power supply and it will have enough power to run...4-5 pedals?
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
You can buy these kinds of adapters, but you'll get bad hum from your pedals. Look into the Voodoo Lab's Pedal Power 2.
I'd love something like that, but I just don't have the money for that..
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
If you want to daisy chain from your boss pedal you need to make sure that the amperage from all of your pedals is less than the amperage supplied by the adapter. You can get these kinds of daisy chain adapters for like $20 if it doesn't....
Yup, just a word of warning, if you have any digitech pedals they probably won't work. All of mine have really large current ratings (like 10x that of most Boss pedals). If you're using Boss or other analogue pedals with small current draws, then yeah it should be fine.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
just look at the current spec on your pedals to make sure you are not over powering them. i use the boss tuner to power my pedals no problem.
Quote by wylde_guy
I'm gonna make a pedalboard soon, and I wanna know how I'm gonna power it, so I was thinking a daisy chain

how do they work, though? can I just take any daisy chain and hook it up to my 9volt boss power supply and it will have enough power to run...4-5 pedals?

I have the boss TU2 (chromatic tuner pedal), and it powers ALL my pedeals. You can buy a cable at guitar center that is chained up for like $12. If you 9V power supply has n input and an output, you are good to go. You just need to get wire that has enough "outlets" for the number of pedals that you need to run. 4-5 pedals....yup, no problem. PM me if you dont understand what I am trying to get across.
You may want to try the visual sounds 1-spot. It's pretty cheap and can power all kinds of pedals.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by loonyguitarist
Yup, just a word of warning, if you have any digitech pedals they probably won't work. All of mine have really large current ratings (like 10x that of most Boss pedals). If you're using Boss or other analogue pedals with small current draws, then yeah it should be fine.

Digitrech pedals work fine with Boss daisy chains.

mey set up>> Boss Tuner > Digitech Dealy > Boss Metal Zone > Ibanez Weeping demon.

I have a load of other pedals from Ibanez to OCD to dunlops.......every single one of them works with my chain......I do not beleive it is casuing any damage that I maybe I am not aware of.....alll pedals work as of today.
Quote by Kevin Saale
You may want to try the visual sounds 1-spot. It's pretty cheap and can power all kinds of pedals.

the visual one spot looks cheaply made, get the Godlyke one like me, afterall it is UL electric certified unlike the visual spot, they can do the same number of MA's same price so get the godlyke
my setup will be like this:

from guitar > Boss MT-2 > Boss GE-7 > Ibanez CF7 > Ibanez WD7 > to amp

I just checked my power supply and it supplies 300 mA of power
Quote by Inahrima

James:

Quote by grimreaper65

One Spot is good. Electroharmonix pedals won't work, they have thier own adaptors. I made my pedal board to include a switchable on/off outlet strip for that reason.
Quote by uldhppi
One Spot is good. Electroharmonix pedals won't work, they have thier own adaptors. I made my pedal board to include a switchable on/off outlet strip for that reason.

yeah some need the adaptors, but I have used both Visualsound 1 spot and the Godlyke powerall and I must say I ilked the Godlyke much better, both are good just the Godlyke has better quality, where as the visualspot looks like a made in china dollar tree construction, godlyke even has caps to put on the pieces you aren't using to prevent shorts
Quote by richgray5
Digitrech pedals work fine with Boss daisy chains.

mey set up>> Boss Tuner > Digitech Dealy > Boss Metal Zone > Ibanez Weeping demon.

I have a load of other pedals from Ibanez to OCD to dunlops.......every single one of them works with my chain......I do not beleive it is casuing any damage that I maybe I am not aware of.....alll pedals work as of today.

Yeah, true, I explained myself badly. It depends on how large your power supply is, on mine you can use up to three, but not the full five for digitechs.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.