so i have been using my bros peavry raptor plus and his rage 158 amp for a while now, and he said the other day he might take it back to learn....so i need to buy a guitar and amp, so i am thinkin an epiohone les pauls or an agile les paul knock off...dont know what kind of amp i would want tho...any suggestions?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
A vox ad15 is a nice little practice amp, the only thing is might not do is metal, if you want metal I'd say a spider 15w practice amp
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
What's your budget?

For a first amp, the Vox Valvetronix series and the Roland Cube series are the way to go. You could go with a Epiphone Valve Jr. combo, but it lacks all the different amp models and effects of the Vox and Roland. But for only $150, the Epiphone VJ is a cool little amp, check that one out too. Valve Jr.

Vox AD15VT-XL

Roland Cube 30X

Both of those amps are about $250 and give you plenty of amp models and effects. Very versatile, reliable, and they have the best tone out of any amp in that price range.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
ill have 1000$
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

he could always get the epiphone Valve jr. and some type of proccessor and run it though, that wouldn't be a bad idea
what styles of music do you play, and how much of an amp are you looking for, practise, gigging, etc?
well i like progressive IE: Coheed , some punk sum 41
a practice amp but something loud enough incase i decide to join a band
Quote by kriscornella2@g

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

Quote by coheed.666
ill have 1000$

ok, I'm changing my suggestion then. I would say get a traynor ycv, or used marshall jcm combo, but I don't like to comment on products I haven't tried. I have tried a peavey classic 30 and a valveking 112, they are both great amps and will let you get some pedals too as they run for about $400-500.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by coheed.666
ill have 1000$

Ok, this changes everything. Take a look at some Marshall tube amps, like the JCM 2000 series or even some of the older JCM 800 or JCM 900 models. The Peavey Classic amps are great for both cleans and a nice gritty overdrive. Traynor also makes good amps in that price range, but I have yet to play any of those so I can't give you an honest opinion.

With a nice budget, I recommend just going to a few music stores and trying out tons of tube combos. There are a ton of great amps in that price range, even more if you are willing to buy used.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)