I know punk term and definition is universally skewed, but seriously, how does even begin to make sense?

I mean, I can almost understand MCR and Simple Plan, but Plain White T's? Yeah Yeah Yeahs? The Used? Dashboard Confessionals? And THEN, out of no where, is The Dropkick Murphys.

And not only that, but it's one of my favorite songs, that was released a couple of years ago. How do they put all this other crap up on a punk list, and then have this random, out dated Dropkick song there?

It boggles my mind. I...I just don't know.

ummm google guy got drunk at work?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
What's so wrong with The Yeah Yeah Yeah's?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
its actually really obvious.

think about what major event is about to happen this weekend.

the superbowl. and where are the patriots from? new england. boston. that should explain it.

EDIT: im not sure if youve ever watched any of their games before but they play that song alot when going into commercial breaks.
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by skaguitarist53
its actually really obvious.

think about what major event is about to happen this weekend.

the superbowl. and where are the patriots from? new england. boston. that should explain it.

EDIT: im not sure if youve ever watched any of their games before but they play that song alot when going into commercial breaks.

Ah, well I guess that makes sense. But who the **** does google think they are to think DKM are in the same genre as Plain White T's?
Quote by FuzzyBear
well its what google talk peoples are listening to

so it probably takes the genre from the persons media library

sooooooooooo i really dont think google actually has anything to do with it

But is it not punx or whatever, to target corporations?

Is it not?
The Dropkick Murphys song is probably there because it was in a movie. I forget which one...
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
The Dropkick Murphys song is probably there because it was in a movie. I forget which one...

The departed.
What is causing this:

Jew media conspiracy funded by the Illuminati and executed by the Freemasons under the guise of big business and the oil companies while secretly sanctioned by the Pope.

It's simple guys. To these kids the word punk is not a movement or a style. It's something that's dangerous and cool, like smoking a cigarette when you're 16 or driving without your seatbelt on.

As for the Dropkick Murphy's, they are probably the nicest, least offensive band you can get into and still call it punk. Well, maybe not THE nicest, but it's up there.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
But is it not punx or whatever, to target corporations?

Is it not?

all it is is a chart of people using google talk, and what music they are listening to at the time, im guessing taken off theyre media player, and grouped via the genre that the listener has assigned to it, theres nothing else behind it

plus theyre own label is owned by warner, which is the 3rd largest record label..... so i wouldnt be so concerned about punkness...
Quote by axeslash

As for the Dropkick Murphy's, they are probably the nicest, least offensive band you can get into and still call it punk. Well, maybe not THE nicest, but it's up there.

dropkick murphies supported boston beatdown, which on a personal level i find very offensive and the rather opposite of nice
Quote by FuzzyBear
dropkick murphies supported boston beatdown, which on a personal level i find very offensive and the rather opposite of nice

Did they participate in it, or did they support it?

See, if they didn't actually participate, they can get away scot-free, and keep their young oblivious audience.

Also, don't forget they play up the "working class Irish" bull**** that the kids go crazy for.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by FuzzyBear

boston beatdown?

Jack my swag
Doesn't Boston Beatdown have no affiliation with FSU? I don't know a lot about the Boston scene so I may be wrong.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Woah Woah ! Dropkick Murphys affiliated with Boston Beatdown?

I have lost all desire to ever be a fan of that band or listen to their music. >:|