well I dont have the money yet but I was thinking of buying an extention cab for my ac30. I just want something more, maybe a 2 speaker cab...if its worth it a 4 speaker cab. thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Assuming you don't have them already, rather than getting an extention cab I think you'd be a lot better off spending that money on a pair of Celestion Blues to replace the AC30's stock speakers.

Or get the Vox extension cab with the Blues.

Or really blow a wad and get a Tone Tubby 2x10 with their alnico speakers like REM's guitarist (who's name escapes me right now) uses with his AC30. Oh, and I do, too. It's quite lovely, actually.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
thanks I will take that into concideration...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by slatsmania
Assuming you don't have them already, rather than getting an extention cab I think you'd be a lot better off spending that money on a pair of Celestion Blues to replace the AC30's stock speakers.

Or get the Vox extension cab with the Blues.

Or really blow a wad and get a Tone Tubby 2x10 with their alnico speakers like REM's guitarist (who's name escapes me right now) uses with his AC30. Oh, and I do, too. It's quite lovely, actually.

That's pretty much the best advice you're going to get.

All I'd add is that I don't think you'll get much more volume out of a 4x12", although you might get a touch of bass and projection. Depends on your situation, but I can't see needing much more projection than the 2x12" combo can provide, outside of a stadium or outdoor gig.