I'm having problems with my Highway 1 strat. The notes are choking out when i bend on the 15-19 frets on the high e. raising the action doesn't really help much and the truss rod is set at about .010" of clearance. Any suggestions?
fret level?
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
That what happens on guitars with such a round fretboard radius.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
How is your bridge set up? If the saddles aren't set up the match the radius of the fretboard the notes will fret out when you bend them.

Try cutting out this radius guide and adjust your saddles to match the radius of your neck. Fender.com says the Highway One Strats have radius of 9.5”
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
I had this problem once. I realized it was my technique after i played around with it for a bit. Make sure you are properly fretting the upper notes. Sometimes it's not too hard to put your finger right on top of the fret.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by FacingUsAll
That what happens on guitars with such a round fretboard radius.

That's what CAN happen MORE EASILY on guitars with rounder fretboards. There is no reason for it to with the 9.5" radius of the Highway One. Something is out of whack. Sounds like the original poster needs to drop $40 on a good pro setup.
Just get your frets crowned. Alot of places include that with a setup but make sure first.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Guy, I don't think its a fret crown. Comfortablylomb nailed it; it happens easily on guitars with rounder fretboards. He doesn't need a fret crown or level, but rather a good setup and truss rod tweak.
Well I had the same problem with my guitar and a fret crowning fixed it, so I'm pretty sure it is.
Although, TS you may want to check your fret wires for tiny little indents, either by looking or running your nail along them. If there are then its definitely a fret crowning.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1