Right, I have nearly gathered my funds for my new, overdue, amp!!! I'm going to be trying out what i can in my town centre but nothing much that is available there has attracted me, from the last time i've been anyway. For a while now i have been set on getting a new randall rg50 tc but i want to go in with a few different ideas in mind.

Budget: £350 max
Style: RHCP, A7X, Metallica, Muse etc (High gain but needs cleans)

Give me what you can recommend please!!!
Laney VC-30 112? Great cleans, nice overdrive and it handles effects very well so if You want to play some Metallica stuff with a nice dist You'll do it. And it's great for RHCP! I own VC-15 (almost the same but smaller) and it's fantastic! and I'm playing RHCP too
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Don't wish to take over your thread, but I did some research on the RG50TC (here)and although people recommend it over here, it seems it isn't that good of an amp afterall. The Laney might be a good idea, but I don't know if it'll deliver the kind of distortion you'd want.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Thanks for the replies, i had the laney vc30 in mind before the randall but i was worried about not getting the high gain distortion for bands such as machine head etc, oh and btw the amp will be used for band practice and eventual gigging so volume is important for me too. Thanks
VC-30 will gig with no problems btw. And with pedals You can get Machine Head.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.