Hi Does anyone know what gear andrew stockdale (wolfmother) uses ??? does anyone hav any suggestions to get his "sound" ???
An Orange Rocker 30 or Rockerverb 50. Don't know what he uses though. Definitely Orange.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
rockerverb 50 and thunderverb 50 for amps
He uses a lot of vinatge Gibsons, you could probably get his tone with a mahogany h-bucker guitar, some kind of fuzz and a british voiced amp.
^ashton wh10 wah, whats that? On the DVD it shows his rig. He has a load if footswitches, fuzz synth distortion tremolo (My mate showed me, I cant stand them)
Amp first though.
Coming out March 2008

Worst OD, worst highs, worst built-in effects, what more can you hate? If you can't spend on an Orange, a Traynor YCV50 might be nice.
Coming out March 2008

On the live dvd he uses a Marshall and Vox head throught some Orange cabs. I think he uses Orange heads now. As for effects, his pedalboard is based around Lehle loopers for fx control. He has a Small Stone phaser, an old Roland BeeBop Fuzz, 2 Xotic Ac Booster, a Boss TU-2 tuner and he also uses a Fulltone Wah. I got a magazine at home with all this infos(I write this from memories, so I might have forget something...)

Edit: I think he also got a EHX HOG or POG too
((( KoskineN )))

-ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe VHB
-Fender Telecaster Lite Ash
-Mesa Roadster 2x12 combo
-Fulltone Clyde Dlx, OCD, '69
-Boss BD-2, CE-5, DD-20, TU-2, RC-2
-MXR Phase 90 & EVH Flanger
-EHX Little Big Muff - Holy Grail - Micro POG
A good Orange amp and an SG should do the trick.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

When I saw them he was using an AD30 and a Rocker 30 through Orange 412's. There was at least 10 different SG's and he used at least 6 of them. The pedalboard was huge and I really didn't have an opportunity to see it up close.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
But wouldn't any guitarist like to be unique from each other?
Coming out March 2008

You all have no idea idea he uses marshall cabs and the amps he uses are a vox head and a marshall plexi. Not an orange insight. There was even a vox 15w at the back mic'd and hte other guitarist uses a vox ac30. For the record i saw them play live 25th of September 2009 so I'm not wrong
Quote by gainaddict
Hi Does anyone know what gear andrew stockdale (wolfmother) uses ??? does anyone hav any suggestions to get his "sound" ???

He's used marshalls in the past as well as orange's

Jubilee's I think?
And Vintage Modern's?

Big Muff + British Tube Amp + Guitar with Humbucker = Andrew Stockdale
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Sep 28, 2009,
I realize that this thread is old and whoever bumped it should have looked before posting - but I noticed this the other day and came across some information that might be helpful to anyone who is interested in Stockdale's rig (not necessarily just the TS).

According to the latest issue of Guitar World magazine, Stockdale is using a Vox AC30 and a Marshall JMP (doesn't state what cabs he's using but I'd assume he's either still using his Orange cabs or he's switched back to Marshall).

As far as pedals are concerned he's using a Fulltone Clyde wah, a Fulltone Supa-Trem, an EHX Microsynth, and an EHX Small Stone phaser. However, that's his live board and its pretty clear that he uses a fuzz (or a couple fuzzes) in the studio - something along the lines of an EHX Big Muff should get the job done.