Hello, my friend is looking for a new guitar and he asked me to ask around on here for some help/suggestions!

He has been playing for a good few years now, and he was really keen on getting a caprison of some sort.
He was hoping for a guitar with an FR trem and bolt on neck construction.

However, the band he is in tune to drop B, and he was a bit worried about getting a guitar with a trem and tuning that low!
Therefore, how do you tune that low with an FR trem?
If it helps he uses ernie ball "not even slinky" strings for tuning to drop B.

Also before any of you say "just get a seven string" or "its impossible to tune that low with an FR" or something, he wants a six string and it is clearly possible to use an FR with low tunings (arch enemy, machine head etc), he is just a bit confused about how to set it up properly.

Also, hes open to suggestions of guitars in that rough price range that meet the above discription.

I hope that all makes sense,
thanks in advance
Top lel.
when he gets it hes gonna have to get it adjusted and tell the guy who adjusts it to set up the trem to fit Drop B tunings. its just a matter of tightening og loosening the springs on the back of the guitar
It's definitely possible, with tthe correct tightening/spring adjustments in the back. As for a guitar - does he want something in the Caparison price range? You didn't give any specific numbers.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
It's definitely possible, with tthe correct tightening/spring adjustments in the back. As for a guitar - does he want something in the Caparison price range? You didn't give any specific numbers.

i thought so, but i thought it was best to check just in case!

caparisons in the UK are between about £1000 and £1500
He is pretty keen on a caparison (not sure which one really), but was looking for some other suggestions to try as well!
Top lel.
In that range, he could probably go for ESPs (M-I, M-II, Horizon) or some Ibanez Prestige models. I think ESP is set-neck/set-thru, but Ibanez should be bolt-on.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Jackson RR3,Dinky Mg/DK2,Warrior ,Kelly, Schecter c1-fr, pretty much all Ibanez S series guitars, just a few.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
Thicker strings and a perhaps an additional spring in the trem cavity and you can set it to Drop B with no problems.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by the memory
i thought so, but i thought it was best to check just in case!

caparisons in the UK are between about £1000 and £1500
He is pretty keen on a caparison (not sure which one really), but was looking for some other suggestions to try as well!

the caparisons are awesome guitars, but for that money, he could almost get a Custom RAN or something
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
id get a custom ran like someone above me said with that kind of money lol..

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost