What do metalheads listen to when they're not listening to metal?

Page 1 of 15
Strange question I know, but I've found myself in sort of a musical rut recently. I've been lacking a lot of musical direction and been getting tired of my normal music, so I've been craving something that's different from what I normally listen to and will help inspire me to get some new ideas musically.

So what do all of you listen to when you're not listening to metal? What are your other personal favorites?
A bit of everything really - some older punk rock (non of the emo crap), elctronica a bit of dance a bit of ska occasionally or even pop
fusion
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I would go with some classic rock normally after my cannibal corpse, korn and lamb of god lol. Led Zepplin, Vains of Jenna (Although the arent classic they have kind of a classic rock sound), Velvet Revolver, GNR, Motley Crue, etc.
different?
Primus
other than that, tool, rush, you know
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Alanis Morissette
Porcupine Tree
Beach Boys
Death Cab for Cutie
Muse
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rage Against the Machine
Johhny Cash
the Carpenters
Boston
Led Zeppelin
Rush
Styx
other types of Classic Rock
A little hip-hop/rap like Busta Rhymes & Fergie...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Last edited by nebraskan at Feb 1, 2008,
Electronica for me.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
A lot of stuff. Some blues, old rock, hip hop, electronic, a bit of pop, alternative, a tiny bit of jazz, synth-rock/pop...Almost anything really.

I iz teh divers lol
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Allan Holdsworth
Alex Skolnick Trio
Chick Corea
Frank Gambale
Dave Brubeck
John Coltrane
Tegan and Sara
Utada Hikaru
Andy Mckee
Guthrie Govan
The Pillows
Final Fantasy (mainly XII and X) OST's
A bunch of other stuff that escapes me right now
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
When I'm not listening to metal or classic rock, I'll probably turn to some electronica. Stuff like Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy.

But I'm not into the 4 hour long mixes some 12 year old threw together with the chipmunk voices and all that I try not to be closed minded, but some dance sucks real ass. I can't see how one can just beat match two records and call it new music.
Classical... mostly Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 1st and 3rd Movements... Vivaldi's Winter 1st Movement... Summer 1st and third movements... hm... I love Bach's Toccatta and Fugue... Mozart's Requiem (Lacrimosa) .... not much really haha... occasionally System of a Down
They listen to EMO...especially when they got their earphones on. If it was really metal, they would already be blasting it.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Teh Blues, mostly.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Stuff like Alice in Chains, STP, Pearl Jam, King Crimson...99% of the time I listen to metal though.
ambient or video game type music e.g. Diablo& diablo 2 type music
hard to explain but i like it
also classical
Classical... mostly Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 1st and 3rd Movements

moonlight sonata= one of the best peices of music ever
Jazz/fusion (miles davis, frank gambale, django reinhart)
blues-rock (puppa chubby, jimi hendrix, ZZ top)
hard rock (van halen, led zep, deep purple, ac/dc)
prog rock (rush, king crimson, pink floyd)
classical (vivaldi, js bach, mozart, paganini...)
Rap (Eminem, NWA)

Mostly everything, except Pop, RnB, Techno, altern rock, grung and i can listen to just a few punk (sex pistols, minor threat, ramones) at very small doses ^^
the sounds of children being brutally slaughtered, then more black metal.
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Red Hot Chili Peppers, some old-school hip-hop, some classical, Elliott Smith, and a little bit of punk.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Blues mostly. Good ole classic rock like Skynyrd, CCR, Nugent, Zeppelin, Lizzy. David Allan Coe, Hank Williams Jr. ive actually become fond of Down. I know they might be considered metal, but they have some very good slow southern stuff.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by mr freezy
Everything else.

Precisely so... Well, I try artists when recommended to me. If I like it, I like it, y'know.

I try to keep an open mind in relation to music
Nobuo Uematsu, Dire Straits, R.E.M., Tears for Fears, Blue Man Group, Feeling (Native American band, really epic compositions, often found playing town centres).

Tbh, I don't listen to that much outside of metal, i'm open to other musical experiences but i'm busy trying to get to know the genre i'm listening to mostly better.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Blues, classic rock, hard rock, intrumental guitar albums of various styles, some electronic music (lately), some classical, some indie, some alt. rock, some Irish folk music, and a few comedy/parody type songs that my brother has on the computer.

But the vast majority of what I listen to is metal of some sort.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Funk, jazz and a little rock.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Classic rock, hard rock, grunge and britpop/madchester stuff. I like me alternative music too, Faith No More type stuff is nice.
For variety, I listen to Rush, Alice In Chains, Oasis, Thin Lizzy, The Yardbirds, The Stone Roses, Primus and Yes.
Grunge/Modern Rock, but none of the NEW NEW Stuff. By Modern Rock I mean Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins.

Also I love Classic Rock and Blues.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Neo Classical/shred - Yngwie, Racer X, Cacophony, Symphony X etc.
Classic Rock - Jimi Hendrix, Tom Petty, Boston, Rush, Stones, Pink Floyd KISS, Zeppelin, Foreigner etc.(anything on y103)
good punk - the clash, new york dolls, ramones, sex pistols
Southern Rock - Skynyrd, CCR, Fogerty
A little bit of bluegrass here and there.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Feb 1, 2008,