so I decided to take on a second job since i need some extra cash.
and the place i applied for is a brand new restaurant that isnt open yet .
anyways, today was my second day of training but as soon as i walk in the manager to me he had to "let me go". anyways kinda suck to get fired before i even started.
anyone else been through a similar situation?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
hahaha
aw
maybe he's jealous of you
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
you, my friend, belong in the "n00b" thread floating around here. we could make a killing off of you.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
well one of the trainers was giving a ten min. class on sanitation. so i was questioning the companies procedures compared to what is required by washington state law. i think i rubbed him the wrong way so today he told one of the managers that i wasnt willing to LEARN and that i wasnt paying attention to his CLASS and that i wasnt good for the job.
****ing prick. something told me he didnt like me from the beginning.
cuz i sure as hell didnt
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
you, my friend, belong in the "n00b" thread floating around here. we could make a killing off of you.

what do you mean
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Why would you question the people who are training you? You deserved your termination, n00b!
Quote by Pliant
Why would you question the people who are training you? You deserved your termination, n00b!

Yea, really. Being a prick to a prick who controls your cash flow is silly, even if it's "justified" in your little mind.
that sucks. I almost quit before I started my current job because of a bunch of scheduling issues and unorganization, and the attitude of one of the managers I met. Why'd they fire you? Sounds like you should start working on a letter of complaint.
well according to the trainers and the managers speeches, thats what they're are there for, to teach us and to answer our quest. and doubts. if we have to repeat a question 10 times, do it. well at least thats what they said
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
yeah, how old are you and how many jobs have you had? ANY time you are getting trained you don't ask questions unless you didn't hear what they were saying.

btw, do you seriously care about the comparison b/n state requirements vs. company policies? wtf? why?
anyways i was asking him legitimate questions. but if any of you met him you would see that HE overreacted cuz i got along with the other trainers and managers
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Pliant

so when the place gets shut down he doesn't get in trouble for not fallowing state low... in other words your the n00b...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
so when the place gets shut down he doesn't get in trouble for not fallowing state low... in other words your the n00b...

Dude, are you serious? You should change your name to Fapping_Ninja because you're a loser.
Quote by vjferrara
yeah, how old are you and how many jobs have you had? ANY time you are getting trained you don't ask questions unless you didn't hear what they were saying.

btw, do you seriously care about the comparison b/n state requirements vs. company policies? wtf? why?

because their policies on some stuff for example the temperature requirement for cooked food was 135degrees while according to washington law its 140. although the kitchen manager was kind enough to answer that question in a respectful manner. while the other guy thought i was trying to humiliate him or something...
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
well one of the trainers was giving a ten min. class on sanitation. so i was questioning the companies procedures compared to what is required by washington state law. i think i rubbed him the wrong way so today he told one of the managers that i wasnt willing to LEARN and that i wasnt paying attention to his CLASS and that i wasnt good for the job.
****ing prick. something told me he didnt like me from the beginning.
cuz i sure as hell didnt
Maybe YOU were sending him signals with your attitude?
You might want to check that at the door on your next job.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

actually i did give him any wrong signals as far as i can remember. as a matter of fact during the "class" i kept talking to him in a respectful manner even though those who were in the class can tell you that he was starting to get really hostile.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i've worked in 6 restaurants and the only reason there is a state law on cooking temp is because some places tend to not cook the food all the way. 135 to 140 is not bad and when the place is inspected it will knock off points but that's about it. it wont shut the place down. and another question, why are state food laws in your head? i thought i was full of useless information but that might actually top me
Quote by Pliant
Dude, are you serious? You should change your name to Fapping_Ninja because you're a loser.

why because I use commen sense to show how your an idiot?
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Finally, someone who is brutally honest. You never seem to hold back.
Quote by vjferrara
i've worked in 6 restaurants and the only reason there is a state law on cooking temp is because some places tend to not cook the food all the way. 135 to 140 is not bad and when the place is inspected it will knock off points but that's about it. it wont shut the place down. and another question, why are state food laws in your head? i thought i was full of useless information but that might actually top me

well you have a point i mean in my home kitchen i dont have theremometers, cooling pans, quat sanitizers ect. but about being concerned with state health laws, the reason i am concerned is because after training you have to pass a test with a maximum of 5 wrong answers. of course on a busy saturday night i am not necessarily gonna check the temp. of ever dish i make but for the sake of passing the exams, i have to be concerned with state health laws
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
actually i did give him any wrong signals as far as i can remember. as a matter of fact during the "class" i kept talking to him in a respectful manner even though those who were in the class can tell you that he was starting to get really hostile.
I'm sure he felt the same way about his actions toward you.
And I feel quite certain if you ask him, he was only responding to your attitude.
And I'm also certain some of the people in the class will agree that he was the one who started the hostilities.

... and some of the people will say you were the hostile one.

The trouble with signals is you almost never know you're giving them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
ok, now it makes a little more sense. if you knew that stuff off the top of your head then it would a little weird but if a test is involved then it makes perfect sense. well, i guess getting fired before you start is a little sh!tty but life's a b!tch and then you marry one
Quote by Fapping_Ninja
why because I use commen sense to show how your an idiot?

Wow... No one is agreeing with you, mate. Why do I even respond to people like you?
Last edited by Pliant at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm sure he felt the same way about his actions toward you.
And I feel quite certain if you ask him, he was only responding to your attitude.
And I'm also certain some of the people in the class will agree that he was the one who started the hostilities.

... and some of the people will say you were the hostile one.

The trouble with signals is you almost never know you're giving them.

woops i meant that i DIDN'T send him the wrong signals as far as i can remember
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
one of the trainers was giving a ten min. class on sanitation. so i was questioning the companies procedures compared to what is required by washington state law. i think i rubbed him the wrong way so today he told one of the managers that i wasnt willing to LEARN and that i wasnt paying attention to his CLASS and that i wasnt good for the job.

dude this is what messed you up when you are on training on any job you just nod your head lol

most times company talk blah blah about sanitation and stuff but in the place i worked part time they sure as hell dint followed through

for example it says wash you hands after you go to the bathroom nobody did
the food fell on the floor they just picked it up and put it back
there was a dead rat in the middle of the cooking place they jsut threw it away and use very little soap and water to clean table
the damm chef puth is finger on the damm food taste it and dropped it back into the damm bowl
the floor was oily and dirty you could slip and burn yourself on the ovens
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I do alot of firing. I don't work in the food business, but I think the guy was justified a bit. You can't question what he is telling you. You need to listen. If a new employee was giving me guff about any policy, especially during training, I'd let them go. When you are at a job, you have to learn the policies, if you question them, you are most likely not following the policy or just being contra policy/productive. Unwillingness to learn sounds about right. And now you know. So don't think you are naive. People mess up all the time. Just don't forget the lessons you learn and you will succeed where you failed.
trust me i've worked in those restaurants too but recently i've been working in ones that actually are a bit stricted on their rules. anyways you're probably right i should just nod i pretend i give a **** if they quiz me i already know the answers anyway

anyways gotta look for another second job next week.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
actually i wasnt giving the guy any guff i just wanted to know their what their policies were compared to what the law requires and i even let him know while i was asking that i wasnt trying to be a smartass i just want some info i dunno probably should just shut up next time and agree with whatever they say
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
That sucks man, but put it this way, would you really want to work with an asshat like that anyway?
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by SomebodySomeone
woops i meant that i DIDN'T send him the wrong signals as far as i can remember
No, I wasn't focusing on the fact that you typed did instead of didn't.

The bottom line is:
1 - You will always find people you start off on the wrong foot with. ALWAYS.
2 - If these are people in positions of power in your employment, force yourself to respect them even if they don't deserve it.
3 - Failure of compliance with guidelines 1 and 2 will generally cause you to lose employment.
4 - It doesn't matter if it's fair or not. That's just the way it works. You can't change it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i dunno probably should just shut up next time and agree with whatever they say

There you go, now that sounds like a good company man. Promotions will be lining up now my friend.
you guys are right unfortunately i am just a powerless employee at the mercy of the employer. anyways its not the only restaurant in the world so i really wasnt pissed off that i got fired but it still sucks though
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
mine was kind that oppisite, my now boss and i set up an interview then the day before the interveiw he called and asked me to come in 30 min later i walked in and he said you have the job but i have to keep you in here for like 30 min, whats your favorite hobby?
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
Quote by soulphonate
There you go, now that sounds like a good company man. Promotions will be lining up now my friend.

well if i get promoted hopefully i get a raise with it,
unlike this other place i used to work.......
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by CBA28
mine was kind that oppisite, my now boss and i set up an interview then the day before the interveiw he called and asked me to come in 30 min later i walked in and he said you have the job but i have to keep you in here for like 30 min, whats your favorite hobby?

Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
actually i wasnt giving the guy any guff i just wanted to know their what their policies were compared to what the law requires and i even let him know while i was asking that i wasnt trying to be a smartass i just want some info i dunno probably should just shut up next time and agree with whatever they say
I was typing while you were posting that one.

I agree. Superglue your lips to his ass, if you have to.
Once you've been employed a few months, it's different.
But in the beginning, do it how they want it done.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I was typing while you were posting that one.

I agree. Superglue your lips to his ass, if you have to.
Once you've been employed a few months, it's different.
But in the beginning, do it how they want it done.

I find myself agreeing with you.

Sometimes you just have to be a suck up. It will change eventually, but bosses like being the ones in control. They don't want people challenging them. At all.
The.