Page 1 of 2
Basically, I got off a bus this morning, and some foreign guy came up to me and started talking to me, asking if I go clubbing at the weekend. I told him I was too young, and told him my age(15) yet he still persisted talking to me. Then the question hit.

"Can I be your friend?"

Now, this guy was either a raging homosexual, or was genuinely weird and looking for a friend in such a peculiar manner, but basically, is there any way to be kind to these kind of people and say no? I'm sure I'm not the only one that's experienced something like this
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Be like, "I don't believe in friends."
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
why wouldnt you be his friend?!
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Why be so anti-social?Be his freind
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
This is what you say:
"Sure, I run the local satanist chapter so if you want you could come down this sunday and join in our rituals, you've gotta bring your own animal to sacrifice though. Immediately after the blood orgy we'll play russian roulette and listen to death metal. We're also planning a mass suicide for next week. You in?"

If you say it with a straight face it might actually work.
What did you end up saying? I would just say yes and walk away hoping to never see him again.
"In Soviet Russia Friend Your Be I Can"
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
Quote by freedoms_stain
"sorry i'm in a hurry, maybe later"

"We'll call you back."
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by con job
Basically, I got off a bus this morning, and some foreign guy came up to me and started talking to me, asking if I go clubbing at the weekend. I told him I was too young, and told him my age(15) yet he still persisted talking to me. Then the question hit.

"Can I be your friend?"

Now, this guy was either a raging homosexual, or was genuinely weird and looking for a friend in such a peculiar manner, but basically, is there any way to be kind to these kind of people and say no? I'm sure I'm not the only one that's experienced something like this
Why was any of that necessary?

If you tell someone you're not interested and they persist, just say no again and walk away.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by blynd_snyper
This is what you say:
"Sure, I run the local satanist chapter so if you want you could come down this sunday and join in our rituals, you've gotta bring your own animal to sacrifice though. Immediately after the blood orgy we'll play russian roulette and listen to death metal. We're also planning a mass suicide for next week. You in?"

If you say it with a straight face it might actually work.

haha
Say freinds are against your religion. He foreign, and should accept your lifestyle. Nah man most people who come off like that are usually kinda cool. I knoew a couple that were serious lady killers and they acted like goofs.
Quote by Aim Sniff
"In Soviet Russia Friend Your Be I Can"

Da Dum Tssssh.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
OK let me clear a few things up.

-I did just tell him that I had to be somewhere and went off.
-I wasn't being anti-social, why would I want to befriend a Philippino guy in his twenties?
-To SomeoneYouKnew, I think he was trying to hit on me, genuinely I do, that's why I included that comment

because they're free

Just say "I'll be your friend" in a satanic/demonic tone and start licking your lips. Then say "Do you want to play with my dolls". Hopefully this will scare the crap out of him.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
he was prob high.... i wouldn't worry about it
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by AceOfBlades
There's a foolproof way to handle these people
I call it 'face-fisting'

Or you could just give him the other type of fisting..
shit, i wanna be his friend. he sounds fun.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by con job

-I wasn't being anti-social, why would I want to befriend a Philippino guy in his twenties?
-To SomeoneYouKnew, I think he was trying to hit on me, genuinely I do, that's why I included that comment
You had the problems solved, before you even made the thread.

... I think we're done here.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Just tell him that he can join you and your friends in your ultra violence weekends. Tell him to get a condom because raping the women of today without protection is quite dangerous.

Sorry mate I can't help you
I had a problem like that too. I was like 17 years old, and this 13 - 14 years old kid from Taekwon Do used to invite me all the time to hang out in water battles with his friends, and that stuff that little children do. And he really behaved like a really young kid.
Well the thing is that I never found the way to tell him "mate, I'd like to be your friend but I'm way too older for that and don't like hanging out with you and your friends".
Good thing that he one day he stopped going to Taekwon Do though he still messaged me from time to time.
And no, I'm not an ass. I went to his house to fix his PC and format it twice, helped him out one day with his grandma, and did more than what most teens would do.
But I occasionally feel bad for lying to him each time he invited me to do something .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by AceOfBlades
There's a foolproof way to handle these people
I call it 'face-fisting'

Oh no, not the moral dilemma of my fist and your face.

Too bad the old guy would probably whup this kid's ass.
Fender Strat
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You had the problems solved, before you even made the thread.

... I think we're done here.

I'm gettin people's opinions on what they would have done, how they would have handled him just out of interest, relax. You have no authority here, stop acting like you do

EDIT: And yes urik, I know what you mean, I kind of feel bad for leaving the guy standing there, if he really was genuinely looking for a friend

because they're free

Last edited by con job at Feb 1, 2008,
as an initiation into friendship set him a set of tasks to do e.g. walking on hot coaal bare-footed, eating **** whatever use your imagination and then tell him he failed so he cant be your friend
Sig space available, give me some praise
That's really odd. I can't stand it when people put you in awkward situations like that. I think you handled it quite well.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by con job
I'm gettin people's opinions on what they would have done, how they would have handled him just out of interest, relax. You have no authority here, stop acting like you do

EDIT: And yes urik, I know what you mean, I kind of feel bad for leaving the guy standing there, if he really was genuinely looking for a friend
Really? Or are you just venting your homophobia?
Quote by con job

"Can I be your friend?"

Quote by con job

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
^ It's all coming into place

Quote by con job

Why wouldn't you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ah, the joys of being fat and ugly. No one ever talks to me
UG's Yellow Ranger

^ You've got it made, my friend.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Really? Or are you just venting your homophobia?

No, I'm getting people's opinions, thanks all the same

because they're free

Somebody who just comes up to you and asks "Can I be your friend?" is a fucking weirdo. Can you imagine that, some stranger just out of the blue asks you "Can I be your friend"? That's not how healthy people form friendships. Tell him to beat it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Surak
Da Dum Tssssh.

the trommer in my band does that when someone makes a bad joke.
Somebody who just comes up to you and asks "Can I be your friend?" is a fucking weirdo. Can you imagine that, some stranger just out of the blue asks you "Can I be your friend"? That's not how healthy people form friendships. Tell him to beat it.

Damn right. That's what I ask telemarketers.
Fender Strat
Quote by Shywalk329
Say freinds are against your religion. He foreign, and should accept your lifestyle. Nah man most people who come off like that are usually kinda cool. I knoew a couple that were serious lady killers and they acted like goofs.

this guy has a point, u shoulda just said i just come out of a seriose relationship and im not looking for some bumfun today teehee
Say yes, then take out a knife and fork. Then look him in the eye and lick your lips.

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Page 1 of 2