Page 1 of 3
I thought I'd try something a little different than the standard "who's your favorite death metal vocalist?" threads. So instead, who do you gets overlooked when talking about great death metal vocalists, past and present? I don't mean guys like Akerfeldt, Sanders, Nergal and Corpsegrinder. Everybody always mentions them. I mean guys like:

Kam Lee - Massacre
Martin Van Drunen - Pestilence, Asphyx
Chris Reifert - Autopsy

Any others?
The guy from Anchorhead
also Roger Daltrey
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Last edited by nebraskan at Feb 1, 2008,
Everybody seems to really hate Anders Fridén's vocals from the Jester Race era, but I can't imagine that album without his voice in it.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
Everybody seems to really hate Anders Fridén's vocals from the Jester Race era, but I can't imagine that album without his voice in it.

I love his vocals. I can't see how you can hate them?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
agreed I thought Friden's vox was really catchy on TJR... but uh....... Intestine Baalism's are catchy on some songs :S! and I dont hear Nathan from Vehemence enough, cmon he pwns so hard ;D; I dont think Lindberg from At the Gates gets much mention from THE RED IN THE SKY IS OURS ..... Markus........ damn I forgot his last name from Eucharist... orgasmic vocals on Mirrorworlds
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by gm jack
I love his vocals. I can't see how you can hate them?

I don't hate him, but the elitist reviewers of the metal-archives always say stuff like: "even though it's elementary that he has a horrible voice, which everybody with a brain can tell for themselves, In Flames are pretty good..."

Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Johan Liiva when he was in Arch Enemy, although I don't know if it's classed as DM vox, it's kinda more of a shout. Most people say he sucks, I say he fitted the band better than Angela.
Vladimir Cochet (Mirrorthrone) has some pretty awesome growls. He also does a lot of black metal type vocals and mid-ranged melodeath stuff. Good range.
Akercocke. They have the most unintelligible, br00tal DM vocals. honestly
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Feb 1, 2008,
the guy from Insomnium
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Joe Wolfe from Heinous Killings, he's rather unique. I can't believe he says he uses no vocal effects, but if he doesnt than he's definitley extremley talented.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
actually... Chuck from Death. everyone talks about his musical genious and his guitar playing abilities, but I think most people overlook his singing. He himself didnt care for his singing either thinking it to be "the only thing holding the music back." I think hes phenominal
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by Guitarmike123
Johan Liiva when he was in Arch Enemy, although I don't know if it's classed as DM vox, it's kinda more of a shout. Most people say he sucks, I say he fitted the band better than Angela.

I didn't mind Johan in Arch Enemy but I thought he was GREAT in NonExist.
nonexist bored me ish and well sadly I think his rasp was too generic to melodeath..... i did actually enjoy his vocals quite alot in the old arch enemy ;(

Edit: just heard them over again... his rasp is not that generic so i take it back he's kewl =]

the guitar still dont do much for me
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Feb 1, 2008,
Nathan from Vehemence, just awesome. So powerful.
Mads Haarlov - Iniquity. He's awesome.
Phlegeton - Wormed. Very bowel-orientated growling, awesome and very effective.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by mr kipling
Joe Wolfe from Heinous Killings, he's rather unique. I can't believe he says he uses no vocal effects, but if he doesnt than he's definitley extremley talented.

+`121242342skiddlybobop
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Rayner Coss.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
top 2 for me is
phlegeton of wormed because of his super gutteral growl
CHALKY from psycroptic - his vocals are awesome - especially the way he changes it up rather then having one style like in the start of the colour of sleep he does a scream but in skin coffin when he says skin coffin its more of a growl then god knows what hes doing after that
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Rayner Coss.

Quote by mr kipling

+ Sauron, Peter Tagtgren, and both vocalists from Kataklysm
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Would it be pushing it to say Dan Swano? Not full on DM, I know, but he's great nonetheless.

And I'll second Peter Tagtgren.
Bill Robinson from Decrepit Birth, and LG Petrov from Entombed
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
^..well then why have you just mentioned him in this thread?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by Broadsword
Would it be pushing it to say Dan Swano? Not full on DM, I know, but he's great nonetheless.

I would've said Swano, but I think the one thing the guy does get decent credit for is his vocal abilities.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Nergal's vocals get a lot of flak. I think they're perfectly suited to what Behemoth is, and they sound awesome on Demigod, however silly people think they might sound.

Mikael Stanne from Dark Tranquillity is also sorely under-rated, even if his clean vocals suck some severe bollocks IMO.

EDIT: Whoops, Nergal is a no go. Stanne will be my under-rated vocalist then.
Last edited by webbtje at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by Reject_666_6
I don't hate him, but the elitist reviewers of the metal-archives always say stuff like: "even though it's elementary that he has a horrible voice, which everybody with a brain can tell for themselves, In Flames are pretty good..."

I found his voice to be absolutely perfect for their early melo-death style. His vocals just seemed really passionate on some of the classic albums. Sure they aren't the best example of perfect technique in any way, but I would never want another vocalist on TJR.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by cockybalboa
I thought I'd try something a little different than the standard "who's your favorite death metal vocalist?" threads. So instead, who do you gets overlooked when talking about great death metal vocalists, past and present? I don't mean guys like Akerfeldt, Sanders, Nergal and Corpsegrinder. Everybody always mentions them. I mean guys like:

Kam Lee - Massacre
Martin Van Drunen - Pestilence, Asphyx
Chris Reifert - Autopsy

Any others?

hehehehehehe. as i saw the topic i first thought of van Drunen! man his voice was so brutal and had power!
Page 1 of 3