I have a ton of games I'm really dying to play but I've been holding myself back because I want to make sure I finish other games I am playing. Alright, so right now I am playing Assassin's Creed and I really can't take much more of it. The game is fun and all that, but it's incredibly repetitive and somewhat long... So I can either suck it up and continuing the game and well, not enjoy myself... Or I can stop playing it for now and play Half-Life 2.

Problem is, I swore to myself I would beat Assassin's Creed before moving onto other games. I have so many games I have played and not finished and it kills me. What should I do?

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Ah, the problems of the western world...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fun>pride over games you've played entirely
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Well, if you swore to yourself then you are compelled to finish it!
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
You should ask the gaming thread for a start. and secondly, just admit to yourself that your not exactly a heavy gamer? theres nothing wrong with it.

some people dont like to play games for so long, if you dont wanna finish it then whats the big deal.
Alright. I'm probably going to just suck it up and finish it. Bleh, this will suck. Haha.

Meh, I almost never finish games. I play until I'm bored with them. Why the hell would you want to make a chore out of a leisure activity???

This is how I judge a truly great game, because I will finish it and want more. There have been tons of good games I have played to around 80% and then got bored; but only a few that keep me driving for the ending.

If it was up to me, HL2 would have taken two weeks solid playing to beat. Soooo good.
Quote by Vermintide
Meh, I almost never finish games. I play until I'm bored with them.

This is how I judge a truly great game, because I will finish it and want more. There have been tons of good games I have played to around 80% and then got bored; but only a few that keep me driving for the ending.

If it was up to me, HL2 would have taken two weeks solid playing to beat.

Or it could mean that the game is very long.

I, myself, am sick of playing Heroes 5, but I still think it's a great game.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
Or it could mean that the game is very long.

I, myself, am sick of playing Heroes 5, but I still think it's a great game.

Nah, length doesn't have a lot to do with it. I remember back when games would give you value for money and take some effort to beat; but nowadays I'm finding more and more games I could play through in a single session (and I have, on many occasions.)

Even platforming games which used to take a couple weeks to get 100% are now <20 hours gameplay.

If anything, then, I prefer a game to be long and drawn out. That's why I really loved games like Oblivion and S.T.A.L.K.E.R, they let me pour hours in without ever being boring or feeling too long.
Last edited by Vermintide at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Ahh Shaith
I have a ton of games I'm really dying to play but I've been holding myself back because I want to make sure I finish other games I am playing. Alright, so right now I am playing Assassin's Creed and I really can't take much more of it. The game is fun and all that, but it's incredibly repetitive and somewhat long... So I can either suck it up and continuing the game and well, not enjoy myself... Or I can stop playing it for now and play Half-Life 2.

Problem is, I swore to myself I would beat Assassin's Creed before moving onto other games. I have so many games I have played and not finished and it kills me. What should I do?

dude I had 5 assassinations done and I was planning to finish the game but then my cousin unknowingly erased my save file. Seriously, wtf were the devs thinking when they made it only one save file and it automatically saves over it if you start a new one. I mean come on the game came out in 2007, not 1987. All of my N64 games from 1999 even have the luxury of save files...

Anyway, just take a break from it. It's not use playing it if you won't enjoy it. You can always come back and play it later, it's not like it's going anywhere (unless you sell it). I found to really enjoy Assassin's Creed you have to just take it slow and explore. The game is very repetitive but it's not so bad if you just run around and do the little mini-missions as you happen to find them.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Vermintide
Nah, length doesn't have a lot to do with it. I remember back when games would give you value for money and take some effort to beat; but nowadays I'm finding more and more games I could play through in a single session.

Even platforming games which used to take a couple weeks to get 100% are now <20 hours gameplay.

If anything, then, I prefer a game to be long and drawn out.

That's unfortunately true. Nowadays they just try to make up for it by including achievements in lots of games, to make you keep repeating parts of it just to unlock a medal or something...

However, in his case I'd say Assassin's Creed is too long and drawn out for him.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Ahh Shaith

I bought that but traded it for Oblivion after I found out that it's so damn repetitive. I really don't know why it got so high ratings.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by Ahh Shaith

Have you started Half Life 2 yet?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I've nearly done Assassin's Creed, but then I went back to FF xii, now I've just got Uncharted and it's amazing so it'll be a while before I get back to that one I suppose.
Quote by nosushi4you
It doesn't. I like jerking off, but I'm sure as hell not gonna do it with my Dad.
Quote by punkrocker10115
I <3 you!
Yes it is!
Second one to me

Kids, drugs are dangerous. Stay safe.
Quote by Reject_666_6
That's unfortunately true. Nowadays they just try to make up for it by including achievements in lots of games, to make you keep repeating parts of it just to unlock a medal or something...

However, in his case I'd say Assassin's Creed is too long and drawn out for him.

Yeah I hate achievements. I miss the days when I would just stick a big fat cartridge in my system and turn it on and BAM, it would play.

Quote by DemonDante
I've nearly done Assassin's Creed, but then I went back to FF xii, now I've just got Uncharted and it's amazing so it'll be a while before I get back to that one I suppose.

I like almost everything about Uncharted. The story is great, the animation/graphics are awesome, but what gets me is the combat. I think the combat pretty much blows. Then again I did start playing it right after I beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma, so I'm probably just used to the amazing, fast, and tight combat in NG.

Also, it's ****ING LAME that they delayed LittleBigPlanet until September. I bought a PS3 last December expecting it to be out in late Jan so it would hold me over until MGS4. I hate how everything gets delayed nowadays.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by Op3th at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Op3th
dude I had 5 assassinations done and I was planning to finish the game but then my cousin unknowingly erased my save file. Seriously, wtf were the devs thinking when they made it only one save file and it automatically saves over it if you start a new one. I mean come on the game came out in 2007, not 1987. All of my N64 games from 1999 even have the luxury of save files...

erm... each person is meant to have their own personal gamer profile. That's the point of them. So your saves are yours and anyone elses are their own.

which is why I have one profile for random people
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Kensai
Ah, the problems of the western world...

Are you saying that only westerners play games? That other countries aren't civilized enough? That they have no technology?! YOU RACIST BASTARD.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
erm... each person is meant to have their own personal gamer profile. That's the point of them. So your saves are yours and anyone elses are their own.

which is why I have one profile for random people

Well I didn't know my cousin was playing AC. He started off playing CoD4 and I wanted him to help level me up. I'm usually the only one who ever plays my 360 and having to make a new gamertag and switch it is annoying. I mean honestly, it's not that hard to say "Do you want to overwrite previous data?" and then don't auto-save over it, because what if I just wanted to play the tutorial over again because I forgot something, then I automatically lose all my saved data? Pretty stupid imo.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Have you started Half Life 2 yet?

Yeah. I'm not far into it at all.

Problem with me is I buy games when they're going cheap then never really get a chance to play them

I hate not finishing games tho. If a particular part gets too hard I usually just leave it a few months and go back to it. It's often surprising how easy it is if you just leave it a while.

EDIT: I bought orange box and finished Ep2 and Portal in like 2, maybe 3 days, awesomeness is addictive.