OK, so I am just getting back into playing heavy again, mostly acoustic with friends but I have a Gibson Blueshawk I bought about 9 years ago that I haven't touched in a while and I'm going to put new strings on it and start playing it again.
I have a Marshall combo I bought about 10 years ago and going to pick up some pedals.
Looking for input for first pedals, I'm guessing something like the old ts-9 for overdrive and maybe a decent wah, does this sound wise?
Any input? I always liked playing with the old Zoom efx procesors a long time ago, and was thinking about picking up a ZOOM G2 to use for tuner, beat/bass machine to play along with, and effects processor, picking one up used for $60-80 seems like a steel for all that stuff.
Any good input?
Last edited by madsedan at Feb 1, 2008,
what kind of marshall amp?
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Can't remember, its like a 20w, sounds pretty nice and only cost somewhere around $150 at the time new, pretty sure there are no tubes in it
im just asking because youd probably be better off with a small tube amp than an overdrive pedal. maybe you should try out those 100 dollar 5 watt tube amps.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

if it says 'MG' kill it, then buy a crate palomino V8 and ur set!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by madsedanwas
thinking about picking up a ZOOM G2 to use for tuner, beat/bass machine to play along with, and effects processor, picking one up used for $60-80 seems like a steel for all that stuff.
Any good input?

I have a Zoom G2.1U myself. Note that it doesn't have bass, only drums. However, I'd say the tuner is pretty usable (although the screen is very limited - the tuner is easy to use). The effects are pretty good except for the distortions - you can get some decent recording tones if you layer them a bit and fiddle with an EQ pedal, but as long as you don't use it for amp modelling (only for other effects), it's a steal for that price.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by madsedan
My amp is a Marshall GR15CD

yeah, forget about the pedals and buy a Crate V8 like a guy above me suggested. Then from there, start looking at a Ts-9 or a wah, etc.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by madsedan
ok, thanks guys!

Yeah, the Crate will blow your Marshall out of the water and then some. You will be very happy I think, though, I must ask, what kind of music do you play?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I like to play allot of different stuff, some jazzy stuff, classic rock, metal, techno crap, whatever.