I just got a set of strap locks for my Gibson LP. I took out the screw nearest the neck first, and I used that one to put the locking bit on. No problems there.

However, when I took out the other screw, I noticed it was a bloody huge screw and I had to use one of the screws I got with the strap locks. I screwed it in no problem, and I haven't had any problems so far (touch wood) but I was wondering if it matters that I replaced the huge Gibson screw with a smaller one (smaller in diameter and length)?

Thanks in advance
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Is it gonna fall out? if not then I wouldn't think so.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
If you aren't sure of it's durability. You could always go in and put a little wood glue and some toothpicks in there and then screw the straplock back in.
i have an epiphone lp but i drilled the straplock hole slighter larger an took the head of the original screw down on a grinderso it would fit into the straplock, an that seemed to work ok.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by eXperiment63
If you aren't sure of it's durability. You could always go in and put a little wood glue and some toothpicks in there and then screw the straplock back in.

Great advice, it's free, and it's safe. I wouldn't take chances with a Gibson LP