Soz If I sound a bi beginner-ish but I want to get a pedal to spice up my playing. Preferebly, I would like something that isn't too expensive and I have no sort of idea about what sort of pedal I want as I have no sort of knowledge in the matter. I like funky (as in Red Hot Chilli Pepper-esuqe), bluesy rock sounds so I'm not overly interested in distortion pedals. Any tips would be appreciated, thank you!
what'd your current gear situation and budget?
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If you consider yourself a beginner and aren't sure what you want, a nice multi-effect pedal would probably be your best bet. Depending on your budget, you can go for a Digitech RP on the low end, or a Boss GT on the upper end. Once you get the pedal, experiment. Pretty soon, you'll come across effects that you use on a regular basis, and at that point, you can upgrade to higher-quality single-effect pedals.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
At the moment, I mostly play either my Epiphone les paul or my electro acoustic crafter GAE8/N or very rarely a westfield E200 (sg based) with a marshall mg10cd
budget wise I'm probs looking for something under 100 pounds but I'm slightly flexible if the pedal's gonna be worth it and I'm going to get my money's worth from it
I ran a RP250 through my MG's clean channel and it sounded decent. Not the best tone, but it got the job done, and I had a lot of effects/models at my disposal. Might be something you could try.

Otherwise, you could look into upgrading to a modeling amp, like a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix, which have effects models built in.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
As has been mentioned: A multi-FX seems a good bet. I have the Korg AX1500, and I love it, the Boss ME50 has a pretty good name too. Also, you can run through headphones which will probably give you a better tone than your MG

Plus, when you have more experience, you'll have a better idea at what you want to look for.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Cheers, thanks for the advice. Something else I also am interested in are Pink-Floyd like structures and sounds. Does that help anyone? Cheers
Quote by zithut
Something else I also am interested in are Pink-Floyd like structures and sounds.

Dave Gilmour uses compressors (2, actually) and shed-loads of reverb. Another thing is his use of EQ pedals (3, actually) to scoop the bass, mids, and highs respectively.

..Although only the reverb is really wallet-friendly.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)