Page 1 of 2
So on wed night, I got some message from the school saying that some threatening stuff was written on the bathroom walls. We assumed it was just some kid that wrote "Im gonna shoot up a school ftw lol!" tryin to be funny and stuff. So me and my parents are like, what ever, Ill go to school and if anything suspicious happens Ill leave. So I get there and id say half the kids were missing from the school. So I think, must just be overreactive parents, what ever. And then it turns out that half that alphabet didnt get the call because of a glitch, so the kids that did get it are flippin out and stuff. So now a bunch of kids start callin their parents to get taken home. Now its third period, and theres only 6 people in my math class. My teacher said that since only 20% of the student body was still in school, we werent even gonna do anything, and we could chill and text and stuff for her class.

So then I found out that the bathroom wall actually had a threat written in master card commercial form. IE, 40 rounds of ammo; $30...blah blah blah. And it said the person was gonna kill 9 students and 3 teachers on the day we were in school. So Im like "Okay, nothings gonna probably happen, but its kinda gettin serious. They prolly shoulda put that in the message." And at this point, im in global issues and theres only one other kid in the class.

So the day ends and i go home, and thats it. But today (which ironically is a snow day) I found out in a news paper that the kid actually made it to school with the gun, and they caught him right before he went to his first period class.

So whats the deal? I think that this was a huge **** up on my administrations part, and that a lot of people could have been hurt because the administration didnt want to look soft by closing school. It also didnt help that they messed up the messages, and left out some very vital details.

rant/
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Well I'm glad I don't live there.

The weird part is, were one of the richest neigborhoods in the country.
What did the writing actually say?

Lucky we don't have that kind of stuff happen where I live. Worst I've seen is when a kid bought his BB gun to school and got excluded (he didn't shoot it though).
I say that its a bit hypocritical from you to expect the administration to be more serious about it, when you and your family, and probably most of the other people who made it to school had the opposite attitude.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
i think you should stay away for a bit.

a kid at my school constantly threatened to kill students. i was scared..he actually had a hit list..but i never bothered him so i doubt he'd kill me. i was usually nice to him due to fear for my life, if he ever had a gun I'm sure he'd spare me.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
The weird part is, were one of the richest neigborhoods in the country.

Being rich doesn't exclude people from problems in life. Asshat.
Not to be a total dick about this but..

Your country makes guns legal and then you wonder why stuff like this happens, i have no sympathy for you.
Last edited by str84ever at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by BassistGal
I say that its a bit hypocritical from you to expect the administration to be more serious about it, when you and your family, and probably most of the other people who made it to school had the opposite attitude.

But the administration made it seem like it was nothing. Cause we get a bomb threat like 3 times a year just from some kids that wanna miss their finals. So we learned that its prolly not a big thing, but the administration left a lot out of the story that would have been nice to know before I risked my life going to school.
Quote by str84ever

Your country makes guns illegal and then you like look for sympathy when stuff like this happens, i have no sympathy for you.

The gun was unregistered and illegal. A weapons ban had nothing to do with it.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
scary ****
did you know the guy at all?

They didnt even say who it was. It was prolly a senior or something.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
The gun was unregistered and illegal. A weapons ban had nothing to do with it.

i meant legal was a typo..
Quote by reaume140

lmao

Quote by str84ever
Your country makes guns legal and then you wonder why stuff like this happens, i have no sympathy for you.

and lets not make this about gun-control laws... ill be here all day defending the 2nd ammendment rights
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
So you think it was a huge **** up by your administration? The way I see it nobody was hurt so in the end it turned out quite well. I agree they could have done a better job but if only 1/5 people were in your school then they didn't do too badly.

EDIT: ^ yep, and despite my sig I'd be joining you.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
So on wed night, I got some message from the school saying that some threatening stuff was written on the bathroom walls. We assumed it was just some kid that wrote "Im gonna shoot up a school ftw lol!" tryin to be funny and stuff. So me and my parents are like, what ever, Ill go to school and if anything suspicious happens Ill leave. So I get there and id say half the kids were missing from the school. So I think, must just be overreactive parents, what ever. And then it turns out that half that alphabet didnt get the call because of a glitch, so the kids that did get it are flippin out and stuff. So now a bunch of kids start callin their parents to get taken home. Now its third period, and theres only 6 people in my math class. My teacher said that since only 20% of the student body was still in school, we werent even gonna do anything, and we could chill and text and stuff for her class.

So then I found out that the bathroom wall actually had a threat written in master card commercial form. IE, 40 rounds of ammo; $30...blah blah blah. And it said the person was gonna kill 9 students and 3 teachers on the day we were in school. So Im like "Okay, nothings gonna probably happen, but its kinda gettin serious. They prolly shoulda put that in the message." And at this point, im in global issues and theres only one other kid in the class.

So the day ends and i go home, and thats it. But today (which ironically is a snow day) I found out in a news paper that the kid actually made it to school with the gun, and they caught him right before he went to his first period class.

So whats the deal? I think that this was a huge **** up on my administrations part, and that a lot of people could have been hurt because the administration didnt want to look soft by closing school. It also didnt help that they messed up the messages, and left out some very vital details.

rant/

Bolded = FAIL

Also, the code would be [/rant], not rant/
Quote by reaume140

statistically, and logically, violent crime is higher among lower-income individuals. asshat.
#DTWD
one kid showed up to a school dance at out middle school totally flying high and wasted, had 3 knives, a pellet gun (nothin special) and a gun and was threatening to kill a teacher and his ex girl. the school said it was a bb gun, but it was way too big for a bb gun.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by blynd_snyper
So you think it was a huge **** up by your administration? The way I see it nobody was hurt so in the end it turned out quite well. I agree they could have done a better job but if only 1/5 people were in your school then they didn't do too badly.

EDIT: ^ yep, and despite my sig I'd be joining you.

1/5 is still 400 kids roughly. And if theres a real threat of someone bringing a gun to school, one kid being there is to many.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
1/5 is still 400 kids roughly. And if theres a real threat of someone bringing a gun to school, one kid being there is to many.

I understand, but given the circumstances (failing computers) the outcome can be considered good.

Anyway, it's too late for me to get too involved in a thread, so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: Also to the guy that said the gun couldn't have been a BB gun as it was too big, most BB guns are made to official size and (as close as possible) weight, so there is a good chance it was just a BB gun. Still, it sounds pretty scary.
good explanation for not closing the school is they wanted to catch the kid, I mean if he was going to do it that day doesn't mean he wouldn't wait and try to do another day...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by primusfan
statistically, and logically, violent crime is higher among lower-income individuals. asshat.

Yes, but that's not what i said, is it?

I said rich people arn't excluded from problems.
I never mentioned anything about poor peoples problems.
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
good explanation for not closing the school is they wanted to catch the kid, I mean if he was going to do it that day doesn't mean he wouldn't wait and try to do another day...

But thats ridiculous in itself. Whos to say he couldnt easily slip by? They didnt even know it was him until they actually saw the gun.
thats ****ed up man. Although i would kind of expect a school shooting happening in more upper class schools than working class. Where do you live btw?
Quote by crustyreed
thats ****ed up man. Although i would kind of expect a school shooting happening in more upper class schools than working class. Where do you live btw?

St Charles, IL. It happened at North.
Quote by str84ever

Don't start with 2nd Amendment horsecrap. Not now....

There is always some asshole whose looking for a gun control debate.

To OP: I can't think of anything but you contradicting yourself shrugging off the threat like it was nothing, yet you still went to school. YET you think the Administration could've done more, they warned you, you still went to school.

But I am seriously glad nobody got hurt.
Quote by MrGuitar123
Don't start with 2nd Amendment horsecrap. Not now....

There is always some asshole whose looking for a gun control debate.

To OP: I can't think of anything but you contradicting yourself shrugging off the threat like it was nothing, yet you still went to school. YET you think the Administration could've done more, they warned you, you still went to school.

But I am seriously glad nobody got hurt.

But half the people didnt get warned. And they made it sound like it was no big deal, when obviously it was.
^ A couple of bullets aren't that hard to get, so I don't see how the threat is THAT much more serious then if it was written in a Marker.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
^ A couple of bullets aren't that hard to get, so I don't see how the threat is THAT much more serious then if it was written in a Marker.

But they didnt tell us what was written. They said "Several messages that could be considered threatening were written on the wall in a bathroom. We can assure you your child will be safe tomorrow, and we expect your child to be in attendance tomorrow."

I thought some kid just wrote he was gonna beat someone up.
Quote by zeppelinfreak51
St Charles, IL. It happened at North.

hahah damn close to me (barrington)

yeah if they only warn half the kids in the school thats a big **** up.

but anybody think that the kid only showed up because he did'nt get the warning phone call?
Ironic. I recently did a long rant about gun control on my blog. (It's the link in my sig if u want to see it.)
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Quote by Paper Snowman
Ironic. I recently did a long rant about gun control on my blog. (It's the link in my sig if u want to see it.)

But once again, the gun was unregistered and illegal. Anti gun laws wouldnt have done much here.
wow dude thats crazy! pretty scary stuff. one time at our school we got sent home in the afternoon because some kid stole his parents vehicle and was driving around to different schools and threatening people, not sure if he had a weapon or not but since we got sent home i can only assume so. but when we were going to our buses, we walked by cops who had big ass guns and stuff, pretty serious. they eventually got the kid sometime in the afternoon, but we were all at home.

glad nothing happened in either of our cases
Quote by reaume140

a kid at my school constantly threatened to kill students. i was scared..he actually had a hit list..but i never bothered him so i doubt he'd kill me. i was usually nice to him due to fear for my life, if he ever had a gun I'm sure he'd spare me.

My theory exactly. One kid at my school gets bullied by the whole student body, and im pretty big so i stick up for him. Im nice to the unstable kids, because if they go all massacre on us with a shotgun, i'll have a head at the end of it.
Some kid at my school stabbed his mom in the morning, then got on the school bus. Cops yanked him off of it halfway to school.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
lesson to be learned?
dont go to school, its too dangerous.
man if someone tries to shoot up my school im gonna pay him for a couple rounds at my french teacher
mmm...Closing the school would have solved nothing.

I can agree with you IN PART about the flawed messages but to close the school would have just pushed the attack to the next day, or the next.
Page 1 of 2