I think I came into contact with some Potassium Chromate in chem 2 towards the end of the day. I have like a brown stain on my hands. It's not burning or red but all the MSDS sheets say it's corrosive and all that. Am I alright if nothing is happening?
just wash it off some more and it should be ok, as if there is some residue all it could take is a small thing to set it off
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by zepledfan413
I think I came into contact with some Potassium Chromate in chem 2 towards the end of the day. I have like a brown stain on my hands. It's not burning or red but all the MSDS sheets say it's corrosive and all that. Am I alright if nothing is happening?

you sure you have not been fisting someone in the worng in?

seriously though, it will be ok but I try a few things to get it off such as turps
GLASGOW CELTIC - CHAMPIONS 2006-2007
You will be fine.

It is slightly toxic and will do you no harm. Was it off with a lot of soap and water... Or pour vodka over your hand and let the choromate react some more and was it off

>_>
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
You will be fine.

It is slightly toxic and will do you no harm. Was it off with a lot of soap and water... Or pour vodka over your hand and let the choromate react some more and was it off

>_>
Freakin n00b. Vodka should never be used externally.

... well, maybe body shots.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
potassium dichromate( in acidified form) is used an an oxidising agent, so it will react with ethanol to produce ethanoic acid (or ethanal if you want to know the bit between)

EDIT to chubbychunks

Double edit to appolo

I know, but i decided to throw in the dichromate for cubbychunks as he mentioned it
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Last edited by fire within at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by fire within
potassium dichromate in acidified form) is used an an oxidising agent, so it will react with ethanol to produce ethanoic acid (or ethanal if you want to know the bit between)

EDIT to chubbychunks

he had potassium chromate... not dichromate.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by zepledfan413

WASH IT NOW!!!!!NOW!!!

call hazmat while you're washing it. look in a phone book or call the operator. if you really think it was K2CrO4, you're in deep sh!t. that stuff is deadly

DON"T EAT ANYTHING!

EDIT:
the reason it's not burning is probably because it's not completely pure or it's not in contact with anything it can react with. having said that, DON"T USE SOAP! especially not ones with bleach/bleach alternative. this could cause you to lose your hand.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Last edited by Kid Fisto at Feb 1, 2008,