Page 1 of 2
So I've decided everyone in my school is a complete and utter idiot.

The other day I walked into my school with my iPod (I'm not proud... its was a birthday present) listening to some SRV, when a big gang of douchey neds walk behind me. Eventually, one particularly dumb ned takes one of my earphones out (again; douche), puts it in his ear, and immediately starts headbanging away with a malformed rock hand (with the pinky, middle finger and thumb raised... jackass).

Well anyway, I ignored them and kept walking. However, later that day me and my mate were walking home when yet another gang of douchey neds walk past, and, coincidentally, my mate gets a text. The ring tone for when he gets a text is the intro to 'I Am the Walrus' by The Beatles, prompting one of them to give a rock hand (and get it right this time) and start headbanging, while another one says in a horrible 'californian' accent 'Righteous tunes, man!'.

Now, everyone in my school seems to think me and my friends listen to death metal, for some reason, despite the many people we have informed of our tastes (Hendrix, The Who, RATM, Nirvana, Buckethead, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles (Apprently the previous two, combined with our long hair makes us 'Pure American, man' (imagine that in a typical ned voice) )).

Anyone else have a similair problem with idiots at work or school?

EDIT: Alot of people are asking what a ned is, so; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ned
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Feb 1, 2008,
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a ned?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
No in my school everyone knows I listen to Hendrix, and I'm pretty peaceful

UGLY EDIT:

^ I was going to ask that too metal4life
Yes, all the time. If I listen to any music that even involves 'guitars' my dickhead friends will, uh, just be a bunch of ****ing dickheads...
Wow...

I dunno, in my school, people dress emo but no one even remotely acts emo (except for one kid who moved here, so it doesn't really count)
Quote by metal4life592

+1
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by metal4life592

Similar to a chav apparently. :/
Quote by :Revenga:
Waa Waa.
What the hecks wrong with an iPod.

Conformity joke.
And just because people think you listen to death metal doesn't mean they think you're idiots.
No, I think they're idiots. Which 60-80% of the time is pretty true.

yeah man, a ned or over here a chav, think they rule with there crappy harcore dance music,
i know how you feel :P
Quote by Doppelgänger
Just keep on ignoring them, and enjoy your own music.

My god, advice in the pit!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by TheBurningFish

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

But to respond to the topic, I guess you could just continue to ignore them, and hope they go away. Or you could just play along with it, and maybe if they think it doesn't bug you, they'd stop. Plus, if they're like chavs, why should you care about what they think of you in the first place?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by hazzmatazz
Yes, all the time. If I listen to any music that even involves 'guitars' my dickhead friends will, uh, just be a bunch of ****ing dickheads...

Yeah I have a friend who describes my taste as 'Mad guitar music *Insert undeserved laugh at own 'wittieness'*'.

I called him up on it and named just about every genre I could think of under the sun that used guitars, and then told him that unless he can prove that I enjoy each and every one of those genres, he can quit using that irritating phrase.

I find it really funny you're an english guy and you're getting made fun of by english kids for listening to a bunch of english/english-influenced bands.

That's like a black kid getting made fun of for listening to rap by other black kids.

Everyone in your school -is- retarded.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by :Revenga:
Waa Waa.
What the hecks wrong with an iPod.
And just because people think you listen to death metal doesn't mean they think you're idiots.

Leave him alone man, He's just presenting his point, why the "Waa Waa"? :S
Quote by Justin Credible
So whats wrong with people thinking you listen to Death Metal?

Because:
a) I don't.
b) I get critisized for it.

Yes... Because the Beatles and Led Zep are both the most American bands ever!! ¬_¬
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
i had the same kinda thing with one of my matse like he would say your listeing to 'grunger' **** when i would have the beatles or anything thats not in fashion to this uk grime scene use to piss me right off.
Quote by fronkpies

i once laughed so hard i poo'ed on my auntie's carpet..

nice..
Quote by HavokStrife
I find it really funny you're an British guy and you're getting made fun of by British kids for listening to a bunch of British/British-influenced bands.

That's like a black kid getting made fun of for listening to rap by other black kids.

Everyone in your school -is- retarded.

Fixed to be more correct, but thanks.

That kinda stuff doesn't happen around here...

Fun fact- I was listening to SRV while I opened this thread.
I listen to both death metal and the beatles

edit: and now I'm listening to Kraftwerk
people don't do that at my school because i only hang out with people who either don't care about the music i listen to (mostly metal, no rap, wen't through that phase in 5th grade), or people who listen to the same type of music that i do. last time somebody said my music sucked and wouldn't **** off about it, i verbally abused them and shoved them on their ass and told them to either shut their ****in mouth, or piss off. that's my story .
And I thought I grew up in a bad time. At least I had Guns And Roses and The Black Crowes. I can only imagine dance fags and rap thugs.
For the record Stevie rules!!
Most of the people in my school don't really care what other people listen to. Every now and again I get a "U listen to rock??? Rock sucks, i hate it when they scream!" but that doesn't happen too often.
Quote by TheBurningFish

The other day I walked into my school with my iPod (I'm not proud... its was a birthday present) listening to some SRV, when a big gang of douchey neds walk behind me. Eventually, one particularly dumb ned takes one of my earphones out (again; douche), puts it in his ear, and immediately starts headbanging away with a malformed rock hand (with the pinky, middle finger and thumb raised... jackass).

Well anyway, I ignored them and kept walking. However, later that day me and my mate were walking home when yet another gang of douchey neds walk past, and, coincidentally, my mate gets a text. The ring tone for when he gets a text is the intro to 'I Am the Walrus' by The Beatles, prompting one of them to give a rock hand (and get it right this time) and start headbanging, while another one says in a horrible 'californian' accent 'Righteous tunes, man!'.

Now, everyone in my school seems to think me and my friends listen to death metal, for some reason, despite the many people we have informed of our tastes (Hendrix, The Who, RATM, Nirvana, Buckethead, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles (Apprently the previous two, combined with our long hair makes us 'Pure American, man' (imagine that in a typical ned voice) )).

EDIT: Alot of people are asking what a ned is, so; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ned

Why aren't you proud of an ipod? Is it not underground enough for you?

You know what your problem is? You let them do it to you. You're weak and you don't stand up for yourself, then you come onto a forum and bitch about how every person in your school is stupid.

EDIT: The more I read your posts in this thread, the more I hate you. Not only do you not stand up for yourself, but you also seem to have a superiority complex and think that everyone who listens to rap is a "douchey ****tard".
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by TheBurningFish

these neds you speak of are just ghetto dumbasses, huh?
i'm in one of those school districts as well

i know the rockstar crap is the fad now and everyone is supposed to be into that.... but i'm not sure whether if they're liking it or insulting me whenever they do that crap

yes, they're all idiots too
and for the most part, they're mainly black and/or hispanic and occasionally a few asians and whites and they're the most stubborn, rude, and ignorant bastards ever

i really see where you're coming from here, mann. i'm just glad i'm not alone on this, haha

oh and just to add, the key to get rid of them is to be either A) be a complete douchebag that they just dont even care to talk to, or B) really impress them with your playing SKILLZZZZZ

i went with B and ever since then, i havent been getting a buncha ****, instead, everyone's been pretty cool about it, even though some are still idiots
Last edited by parkerfly123 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by TheBurningFish

Well anyway, I ignored them and kept walking.
However, later that day me and my mate were walking home when yet another gang of douchey neds walk past, and, coincidentally, my mate gets a text. The ring tone for when he gets a text is the intro to 'I Am the Walrus' by The Beatles, prompting one of them to give a rock hand (and get it right this time) and start headbanging, while another one says in a horrible 'californian' accent 'Righteous tunes, man!'.

so you're insulting them on UG? thats... awesome...

alot of the music you listen to is about taking a stand. so quit crying and do something about it.
Quote by MustangMan311
Who the **** cares? My school is full of ****tards, but I don't sit here on UG and complain. Get a ****ing life.

what the hell are you doin redin this thread then you retard? :|
Let me ask you.... what attracts those people to come to you in the first place? Why would they think you listen to death metal? Answer these questions, fix them and your fine.
you think you have it bad?
in english, we were talking about book burning
and when my teacher, to start off the conversation asked "now what exactly is the problem with book burning"
this girl raised her hand and said "well, when you burn paper, the ink fumes go into the air, and that's, like, a main cause of global warming"

WHAT THE FUCK?!
i hate going to an all girls school
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by rosamamosa
you think you have it bad?
in english, we were talking about book burning
and when my teacher, to start off the conversation asked "now what exactly is the problem with book burning"
this girl raised her hand and said "well, when you burn paper, the ink fumes go into the air, and that's, like, a main cause of global warming"

WHAT THE FUCK?!
i hate going to an all girls school

I was going to say they act dumb for the males... but then I read about all girls school
Quote by fly fly fly
I dunno, in my school, people dress emo but no one even remotely acts emo (except for one kid who moved here, so it doesn't really count)

i'd rather people dress emo than act it. thats like saying "that guy dresses like a retard but he's really cool" and wishing it was the other way around...
dude u summed up my school but idiots make the world go round, grow up
people always critisice rock and blues in my school but i dont whine to an internet forum about it i show them why my music is better
besides in the ennd its all noise isnt it?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by §tratôcaster
so you're insulting them on UG? thats... awesome...

alot of the music you listen to is about taking a stand. so quit crying and do something about it.

Well said Have an e-cookie
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
you and your mate kick one of their asses really really badly and they will probably leave you alone.
Page 1 of 2