I'm getting my first electric guitar soon (right now I only have the acoustic in my sig) and I've been looking at tons of guitars, and switching between what I want every week. Now, I have 700 $ saved up. I'm going to get a Roland MicroCube as I want something sleek, small, and something that I can put batteries in if I need to.

Now I really like V's, Rhoads, and all that good stuff, but I've heard the introduction priced models of those are such crap, it's not worth it.

I've read a few posts leading people towards the Pacifica 112. I looked at this guitar and the specs seem pretty bitching, and I've always trusted Yamaha. Basically, would you guys recommend this as a first electric guitar for someone who plans on learning how to play every genre?

I figure once I play it for a bit I can upgrade it too, locking tuners, better pickups, all that fun stuff.

Also, for straplocks, is the Dunlop Original StrapLok System any good? (http://www.music123.com/Dunlop-Original-StrapLok-System-364007-i1130336.Music123)

Thanks for your time guys.

-Can
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
I got it for a first guitar, and it hasn't failed me in the past 2 1/2 years. As we speak my friend who is a top notch guitarist (he also has a Gibson LP and Fender Strat) is preparing to use it at a gig. He loves the sound.

I REALLY suggest getting one.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
yamaha pacificas are really nice as a first guitar, my mate bought one and it sounded really nice good price too.
Nathy
The Pacificas are great guitars for the money and I personally have not played anything as well built and playable for the money.

The cube is also a great little amp for the money and defiantly a good move until you decide how you want to sound and can invest in a decent tube amp.

As for straplocks I'v been using Dimarzio Cliplocks on all my guitars for years with no troubles and 100% reliability.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Pacificas are Brilliant for first guitars..

I have an 012, and i still use it all the time.
that's a great beginner pack you've got there it's a good guitar and that amp is also awesome for it's price. Way to go
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Sounds Good to me! Should be perfect, after using all the items you have suggested buying i can inform you that for a beginner they are all perfect, and the straplocks are very safe.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
yea I had a buddy back in highschool that owned one. He loved it, he owns a couple gibsons now-a days but he said it was probably the best choice for a starting guitar for him and doesnt regret it at all
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Yeah man they're great ... Get models 112 or higher.

My buddy who's been playing for 15 years loves the guitar.