I got a Big Muff yesterday and despite being told it was true bypass it seems to have no bypass at all. When I turn the pedal off everything goes with it. Am I missing something here or is there something going wrong?

This is my first pedal, and I've only been playing a few months, so sorry if I don't know all this yet.
check battery, check wires going to switch
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm using the 9v adapter I got with it rather than a battery, and being a noob I don't know what to look for inside, is there anything specific I should check for?
take the battery out if you're using a supply, see if that fixes it
Pulled the battery out and nothing changed, also tried it with just the battery, same thing.
Quote by rymep
Pulled the battery out and nothing changed, also tried it with just the battery, same thing.

Seems like you might have a faulty pedal. If you can, look inside to see if there are any loose wires. If you can't spot anything obvious, I suggest you try to get it changed for an another one.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
SOunds to me like one of the wires has come loose and snapped, whcih couldvve happened while putting the leads in or whatever.
OPen it up look for loose cables.

ANother thing is a cold solder joint.

I have no idea how to identify one but if you cant find anything obvious then try getting it resoldered.

I'm pretty sure the signal takes a different path when its true bypassed, so theres a good chance its just bodged wiring.
Hmm, in that case I'm just going to run it to the store I got it from. I've only had the pedal one day, so hopefully they can fix it or switch it for a different one.

That sounds easier than trying to identify or fix something I have no idea about
Quote by beckyjc
SOunds to me like one of the wires has come loose and snapped, whcih couldvve happened while putting the leads in or whatever.
OPen it up look for loose cables.

ANother thing is a cold solder joint.

I have no idea how to identify one but if you cant find anything obvious then try getting it resoldered.

I'm pretty sure the signal takes a different path when its true bypassed, so theres a good chance its just bodged wiring.

a cold solder is NOT: shiny, smooth, has good contact with the component/PCB

look for anywhere where a joint doesnt seem to have a good grip on the board basically
I just brought it back in, the guitar shop is close so I figured why not.

They tested it out, didn't work for them, so they just grabbed a new one, tested that out, which did work, and gave it to me.

Now it works
I just wanted to check here first to make sure it wasn't user error, thanks for the help all.
The Muff isn't quite true bypass. In bypass mode does have a hardwired connection between the in and out so with no power and bypassed it will work. But the internal input to the distortion circuit continues to load the guitar input when bypassed.