i want opinoins on a fiberglass acoustic that i could make, i was thinknig of haveing a small shallow hallow neck, and probaly a wood fretboard may even cast the bridge out of fiberglass and such, probally would paint it red. what u guys think
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
probally like a normal acoustic, i dont want to do a weird awsome looking and playing shape because it might **** up the sounbd of it

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Hollow fiberglass neck might not be strong enough for the string tension of an acoustic guitar..

Hev you ever built an acoustic guitar before? I would probably try with proper wood to get the hang of it and know what needs to be done and how, before starting experimenting with fibreglass.
i have built hollow bodys never a full on acoustic, i was wondering if it would flex or not i was thinknig it might not just because id use tigerhair and stuff when making it to make it stronger. i redid the bottom of my canoe with fiberglass and that was strong enoguh for some class 3 rapids so i think it might hold up but then again i am not 100% shure as i am also not the best at fiberglassing , i was thinknig also polyresin hemp soundhole so it breathes but isn't a hole

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182