i got my new guitar today and ive been playing on it for couple of hours perfectly in e tuning, havent had to retune or anything, i try and drop it to d tune and as soon as i tune the high d the low d is out of tune, so i thought must be new strings and new bridge so i stretch them out for about half an hour, do it again, same thing happened, kept doing it and it wont go to d tuning and stay there!!!

what do you think is wrong? just wait until the strings and bridge are ok?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I don't know much about them, but like...floating bridge is that its not pinned down. Like my strats got the temolo bar (so its no pinned down).

I hate my trem bar so i took it off. But thats why i got a floating bridge. Like u can bend it for the wah noise. Can u do that?
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
i got my new guitar today and ive been playing on it for couple of hours perfectly in e tuning, havent had to retune or anything, i try and drop it to d tune and as soon as i tune the high d the low d is out of tune, so i thought must be new strings and new bridge so i stretch them out for about half an hour, do it again, same thing happened, kept doing it and it wont go to d tuning and stay there!!!

what do you think is wrong? just wait until the strings and bridge are ok?

The tension of the springs and the fact that the bridge is floating are causing this.

This happens with all floating bridges, so you should just keep tuning and eventually the bridge will settle in the new tuning.

You'll notice that the bridge has lowered a bit in the cavity, which can be adjusted by loosening the springs in the back a little.

If you intend to tune it up again, I wouldn't recommend adjusting the springs, as you'll have to do it again when you tune up.

Patience and a long time spent tuning are the key.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
for **** sake, grr irritatiing and especially when tired, feeling ill and craving to play sad but true
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
for **** sake, grr irritatiing and especially when tired, feeling ill and craving to play sad but true

I know it's annoying, but unless you block the trem, you're not going to get around it.

If you want to change tunings a lot, I'd recommend a Tremol-No (www.tremol-no.com), if you don't like the trem, you might as well block it completely.

Anyway, good luck and congrats on your new guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Get a Tremel-no like the guy above me suggested and then look into a product called the EVH D-Tuna. It attaches to your Floyd (if it fits your Floyd although I think on the pictures I saw of your new guitar if I remember it should be ok) and once you set up the D-Tuna all you gotta do it rotate it like 1/4 of a turn and it instantly goes into drop D and then just twist it back and you're back to standard E.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst