Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
If I'm not mistaken that is an epi valve jr.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Woah, what is that? I've never one like it before. I don't think it's any of the Epiphone Valve series, it has both an effects loop and headphone out(!). That one looks to be pretty interesting.

EDIT: Oh, also line out, I don't remember that from any of the Valve series either.
Last edited by whoismilan at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Kevin Saale

you're mistaken

VJ is 5 watts, only has a volume control, and is not that amp

seems a good deal. i played one of their halfstacks, it was nice
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
heh, I just noticed, take a look at the last picture, the one showing the inputs/outputs at the back.

Is it just me, or does it not say "Power Consumption 30 W"?
well their valve junior copy certainly didnt have any problems yet it is the cheapest of the copies in europe. harley benton is thomann's own company so there is no price being added from manufacturer to marketer deals & such.

a power consumption of 30 watts is a good figure. a lot of 15watt push pull amps drain more(my lc15 takes 50 watts for example) and single ended amps are even less efficient( valve junior has a consumption of 35 watts)
Quote by whoismilan
heh, I just noticed, take a look at the last picture, the one showing the inputs/outputs at the back.

Is it just me, or does it not say "Power Consumption 30 W"?

i'll not explain this fully, BUT, valve amps can push waaay more watts than they are labelled, but the RMS is lower or something

im sure i heard something along the lines of 5 watt tube amp....yatta yatta.....90 watts....yatta yatta......or something

....im tired =(
Jesus christ! My crappy MG15DFX cost more than that! (well would have but I haggled) Even without playing this I can see myself recommending to beginners in future.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i'll not explain this fully, BUT, valve amps can push waaay more watts than they are labelled, but the RMS is lower or something

im sure i heard something along the lines of 5 watt tube amp....yatta yatta.....90 watts....yatta yatta......or something

....im tired =(

Whoops, I'm a dumbass, power consumption is not what it can push to the speakers. I blame that it's late at night and I need to go to sleep.
Quote by whoismilan
Whoops, I'm a dumbass, power consumption is not what it can push to the speakers. I blame that it's late at night and I need to go to sleep.

i blame that for my crappy description
they dont sell that **** in the US do they? id sell my vj halfstack for that...
damn...
that whole brand looks killer.
anyone know if they sell em in the US
/probably not
Harley Benton are actually made in the same factory as the VJ. I'm kind of surprised that Epi hasn't done this yet. That amp would sell like crazy.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

....im tired =(

Ummm. No. A 5 watter can't push 90 watts. Otherwise, we'd be sticking to EL84's.

That's how much it takes from the wall outlet. Lots of it is dissipated and lost as heat energy along the way. The efficiency of an amp is very low, 100 watt amps usually take in 300-400 watts, yet they can only output 100 RMS.

By the way, Harley benton, Grainger, Legacy, and Epiphone get all their amps from the same factory, they just relabel it. The one in TS' post is just a Valve Standard like epiphone has.

Quote by eXperiment63
Harley Benton are actually made in the same factory as the VJ. I'm kind of surprised that Epi hasn't done this yet. That amp would sell like crazy.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEPABKSTDSP
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Feb 1, 2008,
Have you ever HEARD a tube amp through headphones? The only thing in there is the preamp section, not the power section. Even then, it sounds like crap.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Kevin Saale

no its a valve standard copy. now we need a blues custom copy
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Did I say that the headphones would sound as good? Quit assuming things asshat. But it IS a great feature for quiet practice.

You were wrong, and shown you were wrong, so you got all huffy.

That HB is a much better amp than the Valve Standard for the simple fact that it has an actual effects loop instead of dsp effects, and that you can practice quietly.
Quote by eXperiment63
Did I say that the headphones would sound as good? Quit assuming things asshat. But it IS a great feature for quiet practice.

You were wrong, and shown you were wrong, so you got all huffy.

That HB is a much better amp than the Valve Standard for the simple fact that it has an actual effects loop instead of dsp effects, and that you can practice quietly.

If it sounds like crap, it's not a feature that's needed.

For the same price, you could get a cube with all the same features for quiet practice.

I guess capitals hurt your feelings. I just put it in caps for emphasis.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Has anyone played one? If it's anything like the HB guitar I have it'll hurt your ears to play...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by TonyRandall
they dont sell that **** in the US do they? id sell my vj halfstack for that...
damn...
that whole brand looks killer.
anyone know if they sell em in the US
/probably not

$300 usd. is that, that far off from the TSs amp?

after doing the conversion his would be about $230, so it's about right.
i believe the speaker is bigger and more options.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Reincaster
If it sounds like crap, it's not a feature that's needed.

For the same price, you could get a cube with all the same features for quiet practice.

I guess capitals hurt your feelings. I just put it in caps for emphasis.

And a Cube has all that great tube tone doesn't it? A 15w Tube amp is one that is capable of gigging. The headphone out doesn't have to be the best, it isn't for anyone to hear but the person practicing. It's much better than practicing unplugged. Plugged in you hear mistakes you don't hear if your guitar isn't plugged in.

To jj:

Yes that amp is fairly different. the TS amp has an effects loop instead of crap dsp effects. It also has quiet practice ability.
^i think what he's saying is, you dont buy a tube amp especially a 15 W tube amp for its headphones.

you most people who buy a tube amp already have a practice amp for umm, bedroom/headphone practice.

edit: ok i just read ur edit. i guess there are headphones. but i dont know, if they are all made in the same place anyway...

ive never had problems putting my pedals in front of my epi, but an effects loop would be nice.
and im guess the dsp could be turned off, i dont know im just trying to find an amp close to answer his question.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 1, 2008,
is this a copy of the blackheart handsome devil, or the epi valve standard?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
the Blackhearts, Epi Valve Series, and Harley Bentons are all made in the same factory afaik,
I thought HBs were in effect rebranded Epi. Blackhearts are from Crate.

Looks like the Epi Valve Standard minus the DSP portion.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by jj1565

$300 usd. is that, that far off from the TSs amp?

after doing the conversion his would be about $230, so it's about right.
i believe the speaker is bigger and more options.

i wasnt really talking about the amp he linked too.
it was more towards the harley benton brand being sold in the US...
I like it a lot. Should i get this or the 5 watter for bedroom practice? I'm thinking of getting the 5w head version and somehow getting a cheap cab but that won't be for a while. Harley Benton will bring out a GA30 30w amp next These amps seem great value. I'm also pretty impressed it has an effects loop!
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
Quote by jj1565
^i think what he's saying is, you dont buy a tube amp especially a 15 W tube amp for its headphones.

This is really what I mean. low ended tube preamps really don't have "great tube tone". The dynamics, even-order harmonic emphasis, and volume all come prom the powertube section, not the preamp section. All that the headphone jack does is take the tap between the volume knob, and add a resistor so it's not as powerful as the line level signal.

A cube through headphones will sound approximately about the same as a tube preamp direct into headphones.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

hey rein, maybe what i should have said is, "i think what he should have said is..."

yes. you are a smarty pants tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Reincaster
This is really what I mean. low ended tube preamps really don't have "great tube tone". The dynamics, even-order harmonic emphasis, and volume all come prom the powertube section, not the preamp section. All that the headphone jack does is take the tap between the volume knob, and add a resistor so it's not as powerful as the line level signal.

A cube through headphones will sound approximately about the same as a tube preamp direct into headphones.
Even order harmonic emphasis comes from single ended circuits: SE outputs like the 5watt EL-84 amps and preamp stages.

Odd order harmonic emphasis comes from push-pull outputs, like those in the 15watt EL-84 amps.

OR very carefully designed pairs of preamp stages.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Hakael
I thought HBs were in effect rebranded Epi. Blackhearts are from Crate.

Looks like the Epi Valve Standard minus the DSP portion.

Look at them and you can tell the BH are the same. Not uncommon at all for one factory to make stuff for many brands when its in China, Korea, or Indonesia. A good example is how Cort makes all the Korean Schecter, PRS SE, ESP/LTD, and a lot of the Indo Ibanez. Samick also makes numerous models for many companies. The Epiphone amp plant in China is the same way.
Quote by jj1565

you most people who buy a tube amp already have a practice amp for umm, bedroom/headphone practice.

edit: ok i just read ur edit. i guess there are headphones. but i dont know, if they are all made in the same place anyway...

ive never had problems putting my pedals in front of my epi, but an effects loop would be nice.
and im guess the dsp could be turned off, i dont know im just trying to find an amp close to answer his question.
yes. every headphone emulated jack things i've tired had been miserable. it sounds horrible. never get an amp for the headphone feature.

if the dsp loop isn't true bypass, i can just hot wire (bypass) it and be all good about it. or add a true bypass switch on the side.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Page 1 of 2