I made a wiring diagram from the information I could gather, but since almost all of it is just peiced together information on things that I havent seen used together before, I need some help finalizing it so it works.

Or rather, I need help redo-ing it. What I couldnt find I guessed on, and on some of the things, I had to guess on half (such as the coilfades to Series/off/parallel) and anything involving the diodes.

I plan to keep trying, and revising as I find more and more information, but here is what I've come up with so far. I can promise no miracles, I know it sucks majorly. It uses Seymour Duncan wiring colors. Sorry if its huge. I pointed out and circled the problem areas, I also wrote what things were supposed to do. Incase you're wondering, I know very well theres ridiculus amounts of switches and knobs on here, I know how to solve that problem, so they wont be crowding my guitar.

Sorry if the image is huge, I just want to make sure the writing is able ot be seen.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/infernoinferno/WiringDiagramSeymorDuncan.jpg

So, for a short checklist-

Neck Humbucker- Coilfade to Series/off/Parrallel (on a On/off/on switch) to Volume1 to tone1 to Diode clip to Jack switches

Middle SC - On^/off/Onv on a on/off/on switch. This sends the signal to the neck volume one way and the bridge volume the other. complete guess.

Bridge Humbucker- Coilfade to Series/off/Parallel to phase with everything else on/on switch to Volume2 to Tone2 to Diode clipper to Jack switches.

And, I was thinking about getting on of those peizo transducers and sticking it on this guitar for a switch just like the middle SC, but I dont believe it'd be worth the work considering its just a $4 peice of equipment. I really dont imagine it'd sound all that awesome.

Meh. thank you for all the help, I realize how big of a diagram this is compared to normal, all refrence wiring diagrams were taken from seymour duncan, with the diode clip thing taken off some random website that gave it to me wrong, I believe.

Again, thank you for all the help. I'm really struggling with what order things go into,
C/ruel

EDIT: I'm not looking for people to run through and magically correct all my mistakes. as nice as that'd be, I'm more looking for resources anyone has seen, or advice anyone has that will be able to help me with the problems I have in my diagram. whetehr that be theory behind the switches I'm doing, or actual examples of other wiring diagrams that use some element I have in mine.

I'll be gone for a few hours, but I'll check back as soon as I can.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Last edited by C/ruel at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
Man, I'm gonna redo that pic for you... hang on...

Much appreciated, as I pretty much have sole access to paint, and I'm not horribly good with it
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Bump?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Hmm? from everything I've seen diode clippers are passive controls. Supposedly you just replace the tone circut with whatever the usual diode clip thing is and it works just fine. It acts just like a black ice mod afterall, and thats passive.

Or is there another reason why a diode clip wont work?

My diode clip push pull pot is completly incorrect though. Blah. I'll look up another diagram for that right now

EDIT: If its because of the voltage required to drive something through a diode, I made sure to get the lowest foreward voltage diodes I could find, germanium. For comparison, shotcky(sp?) diodes have a .3 forward voltage threshold, and these have a .1 forward voltage threshold. flashbandit made a post probably a year ago that said shotcky's worked, so I'm thinking the germaniums should work no problem.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Last edited by C/ruel at Feb 2, 2008,
Ok...look here:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
They have pretty much every picking wiring configuration you could ever think of.
Although with yours, I dunno, but hopefully it will help you.

Also get this one:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/pdfs/support/schematics/color_codes.pdf

Also, this thread may be of interest to you:
Piezo Acoustic Pickup made from broken Carbon Monoxide Detector, it actually works
Last edited by CodeMonk at Feb 2, 2008,
Thank you, I actually made this wiring diagram soley off of the seymour duncan wiring diagrams. They lack what I wanted for HSH, but I'm still looking through them.

And I doubly thank you for the peizo thing. God, I want one.

I'm redoing this so it'll look a little bit neater. Trust me on the Diode thing Jim, flashbandit and a few others have had great amounts of luck, but I've already gotten a correction or two, so I'm going to remake my diagram and post it here late tonight or tomarrow. It still wont be right, but its going to be closer. maybe.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Ok, I'll still make my version of it, 'cause I wanna try it. If you want, I can upload pics of the components and link you to it, so all you'd have to do is arrange the components and draw lines for wires (I'm good with MSPaint ) that way it'll be much easier for you to do and clearer to read.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
Ok, I'll still make my version of it, 'cause I wanna try it. If you want, I can upload pics of the components and link you to it, so all you'd have to do is arrange the components and draw lines for wires (I'm good with MSPaint ) that way it'll be much easier for you to do and clearer to read.

That'd be cool, all the help I can get

As for where its going to go, I'm using concentrics for all the knobs, so theres only going to be 4 knobs on the face, then I'm going to route the side of one of the horns (Its a thicker guitar) to put all the switches on, so they'll be hidden and yet still ahve easy access. Should be sweet.

I'm going to add a peizo based off the earlier link, and a preamp. then I'll connect it just like I'm planning on connecting the single coil. Should be plenty fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Here ya go. Just copy/paste as many of the components as you need. The green capacitors are the poly film tone caps and the orange caps are the ceramic treble-bleed capacitors. The thing with the line on it is a diode.

Last edited by Invader Jim at Feb 4, 2008,