I've had my amp (Marshall DSL401 combo) for about 8 months, and recently I purchased some effect pedals. Every time I use a pedal in the "effect loop" it is quieter than if it were not in the loop. For example, when I use my octave pedal, you can hear a clear difference that the octave from the pedal is a lot quieter in the loop than in between the guitar and the amp. Is this normal?
Is there a wet/dry blend? If so, turn it up 100%.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
try turning the level up on the pedals aswell. That might solve your problem.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
try turning the level up on the pedals aswell. That might solve your problem.

They're all on full volume.
What about the pedal's batteries? When the battery starts doing a dive, your volume will go down. What pedals are you running in the loop?
Pedals are powered by a Diago power pack. I've tried it with my CE-5 and OC-3 and had the same results with both.
I have no clue... I want to say I've heard of issues with it before though at one other place, but I'll be damned if I remember the cause of it. I want to say its a design flaw.
I think it just may be some pedals with your specific fx loop, my small clone sounds quieter through my fx loop.
...Bleep Bloop...
the loop on the dsl401 isnt that good, my small clone has a fairly big drop in vloume in the loop on the dsl401 but is fine infront of the amp
Quote by scottish nutter
the loop on the dsl401 isnt that good, my small clone has a fairly big drop in vloume in the loop on the dsl401 but is fine infront of the amp

Yeah I've read that before. I thought that could be the problem but I wasn't sure. Thanks.