i can't play pull offs without hitting the above string, any help?
Just go threw it without hitting the other string slowly to practice not hitting it, you got to lift your finger straight up apparently.
:stickpoke
yeah man lift your finger straight up. I used to have this problem when playing thunderstruck. straight up helped.
pulling your finger straight up is bad practice. You need to pull the finger down a bit to pluck the string as its coming off. That way the note beneath the pull-off will sound nice and strong.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
pulling your finger straight up is bad practice. You need to pull the finger down a bit to pluck the string as its coming off. That way the note beneath the pull-off will sound nice and strong.

Agreed. Its difficult to get used to but definitely worth it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
You are bound to do so at first because the margins are tight. The best practise is doing one handed hammer-ons and pull offs as an exercise every day. Try and bring in your little finger after a while. I never cut my fretting hand (some people are left handed remember) nails too short. If you have a bit of nail you have more friction and can give a sharper ring.
Stop showing off and play the music!