1 11%
Line 6
1 11%
MXR
3 33%
Other
2 22%
Voters: 9.
I can't get the sound I want no matter how hard I try. I've looked in my local store...nothing. Checked Musicians Friend (they have audio clips)...nothing. Even a pawn shop...NOTHING! It's pissin' me off! So here's the scoop. There are 2 sounds I want, one distortion channel (sorta like EVH) and one clean channel (not totally clean, but clean enough for a teary-eyed ballad like thing).
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Only effects...and they cost too much for what they do...

Don't think that the audio clips on MF is a good representation of what the unit can do, or better yet. What YOU want it to do. Go to a guitar store, and try things out for an hour.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Our local store SUCKS! But! worth a try...I've never actually tried them for longer than 15 min. each... One problem there... my dad has a DUI and my mom don't drive me ANYWHERE... Thats why I posted this thread...for suggestions on what i could buy from musicians friend that would get me close to the sound i want.

No way in hell will you get the brown sound from a pedal. There are a ton of EVH brown sound write ups online. His setup wasn't as complicated as people think. Also look into the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '78 pickup for his early tone and the SH-11 Custom Custom for roughly his 5150 tone.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Could you ride a bike or walk even?
Take the bus if you have one?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Could you ride a bike or walk even?
Take the bus if you have one?

no, no, not a bus but it would cost about as much as buying the pedal itself...about $60 (average price at our "local" shop)