for those of you who enjoy digital photography, i'd like to know if its possible to make a regular digi cam (Sony cyber shot to be exact) to blur out the background. basically to have the foreground (or object) focused, and the background unfocused. I know this really simple with an SLR however I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting a different camera. I've played around with the settings but I don't know a whole lot about digital cameras. I do realize its hard because they're all set with auto focus, but if anyone knows any settings to achieve the effect even a bit, it'd be appreciated.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Sorry man, I don't think you can. On the bright side, your camera has Sony Double Anti-Blur.

Use Photoshop?
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Try putting it in macro mode, then hold the shutter button half way down and the foreground should be in focus and the background should be fuzzy. The down side is you will probably have to be fairly close or else the whole thing will turn out blurry.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by adamk991100
for those of you who enjoy digital photography, i'd like to know if its possible to make a regular digi cam (Sony cyber shot to be exact) to blur out the background. basically to have the foreground (or object) focused, and the background unfocused. I know this really simple with an SLR however I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting a different camera. I've played around with the settings but I don't know a whole lot about digital cameras. I do realize its hard because they're all set with auto focus, but if anyone knows any settings to achieve the effect even a bit, it'd be appreciated.

unless you have a dedicated focusing lens, then you'll have a difficult time with that.

photoshop works well, though, use the lasso tool, feather the edge about 25-50 pixels, then use the Median filter to blur it.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
zoom in. use a wider aperture. your camera probably has an aperture priority mode.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.