how would that be done? im ridding my guitar of tone knobs to replace them with equipment for an analog delay and a 5 way distortion switch. how would i add tone without having the knobs in?

thanx
the mxr is about $150 and the boss ge7 is about $115

in canada from l&m
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by avka0628
how would that be done? im ridding my guitar of tone knobs to replace them with equipment for an analog delay and a 5 way distortion switch. how would i add tone without having the knobs in?

thanx
Tone controls on guitars don't add tone, they take it away (treble-cut).
Removing the guitar's tone controls is like setting them on 11, not on 0.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
actually, i did know that. its just the old "uneducated" me speaking common slang lol

there isnt anything i can just wire in to fix this?
Nope, if you want to be able to change the tone, you'll have to have the pots there, or put an EQ pedal in front of the amp (or maybe in the effects loop if your amp has one) and step on the EQ when you want different tone. I think I would keep it inline, in front of the amp. Mine doesn't do well in the effects loop, inline it works great. I'm starting to tinker with it again to get a treble boost, not sure if I'll add it to the stage rig or not.

As someoneyouknew said, the tone controls cut treble. The only way I know of to do that is with a tone pot or preset an EQ the way you want it and switch it in and out as needed.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I think you could just put a switch between a resistor the same value as the pot and no resistor for a makeshift tone control. But it seems like you don't have room for the switch, so idk what you could do besides the eq pedal.
Quote by avka0628
any idea how much an EQ pedal goes for?

The dano fish n' chip is fifty bucks and does the job
forsaknazrael - yeah, ive noticed their products (besides the pickups) arent so good, but if they market it, it must at least work. right

im not asking for much really

Sguit - The dano fish n' chip? where would i get that?

seems like itll work, im broke as of late lol it will take me a bit to save with my minimal income, but less than with a $100-$150 peice

Thanks all
ill definitely let you know how it turns out, whether it sucks or actually sounds good.

ive been set on getting this or the longest time, i use my amps limited delay often. and i wanted something i didnt have to carry with me weighing 45 lbs lol.

thats the only reason i would go and do such an "unintelligent" thing :P

thank you