to me they look just like blocks of wood that have strings on them and make sounds
(not necesarily bad sounds) but they just dont look like an instrument

like strats, and 335s shapes look more like an instrument
who the **** are u to question greatness? obviously if a guitar has been around for over 40 years there must be something "real" about it. lp's are legendardy so
GTFO!!!
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Its all personal opinion. He just doesnt like the shape.
Personally, I really hate how small the bottom cutaway is. I hit my hand a lot when playing most Les Pauls. And some do look better than others. Personally, I wouldnt own a Les Paul (if looks were the only factor) if it DIDNT have a pickguard
It would be interesting to see who here defends LPs are timeless and are classic, yet how many of them have probably bashed the Tele.
i personally think les pauls are beautiful
where strats and 'superstrat' type thing are hidious

i think a les paul is more a work of art than
fenders and jackson type guitars
Quote by riffmasterjosh
who the **** are u to question greatness? obviously if a guitar has been around for over 40 years there must be something "real" about it. lp's are legendardy so
GTFO!!!

I love the Les Paul, but the guitar alone didn't make it into the legend it is today. It had help...
maybe i wouldn't think lps look like real guitars if not for the fact that the lp shape has been one of the pioneering guitar-shapes in music for the past 50 years.

shrug.
You do drugs.

Lots and lots of drugs.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i think that Lp's are too... common. They arent unique at all, even if they are high quality.

Also, please, everyone hop off of les paul's dick.
oh man i dont even know where to start lol. first off who has the right to call whats a proper instrument or what not. if it sounds wonderful and it works then yeah its a instrument. gibson les pauls are infact a work of art for many fans and owners, i cheerish mines like no tomorrow and if you think strat's shape is better then les pauls then you are too guitar savvy
Quote by foxygrandpa
i think that Lp's are too... common. They arent unique at all, even if they are high quality.

Also, please, everyone hop off of les paul's dick.

the look is so common thanks to many copies made by esps and other wannabes, loving a work of art isnt exactly dick humping. unless you count the number of time of your favorite guitar brand barebacking you
strats are just hunks of wood too.
Along with 335's

Aparently having 2 cutaways give your block of wood to be a "guitar"
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
LPs look classy as hell.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
les pauls are really great, but they are really expensive.

however it is totally worth it.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
I like Les Pauls, but I wish they were more comfortable. Compared to strats and SG's, they just don't sit right with me. I also prefer longer scale length. They do have a really cool tone, though.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Quote by Hirschberger
les pauls are really great, but they are really expensive.

however it is totally worth it.

i have to admit gibsons are overpriced, and buying a alternative with almost the same spec is the next best thing. but some gibsons are truely a work of art. and sometimes they are desired by many but only few would own by the competitive price
LP's weren't very popular.

I think Keith Richards was the first "famous" person to use a LP, which sparked their rise into rock n' roll history after Eric Clapton started using them too.
High as tits
some of my freinds say my esp lp style guitar is the ugliest piece they have seen, but they obviously dont realize it is a legendary guitar that almost every famous guitarist has used at some point in their career.....

but if thats there oppinion fine, i just tell them to look at a telecaster, then they say my esp is the 2nd ugliest.
personally i rather go for great tone and sustain rather then looks, it dosent matter if your guitar is the prettiest but it does matter when your guitar screams out butt ugly tones
ok now this is a conflict of opinion but personally lp's are the most beautiful guitars ever mede and some of them are very nice sounding. now i really can't stand fenders so thats all i got to say
-Pulse-
Considering that the earliest electric guitars were based on one which was almost literally just a log with pickups shoved in, the OP's post is ironically very accurate.

Quote by CJRocker
It would be interesting to see who here defends LPs are timeless and are classic, yet how many of them have probably bashed the Tele.
Guilty of this. Though in my defense, the reason I don't like Teles is A) their tone, and B) how they're currently being so over-used by every single so-called 'indie' (they're just as manufactured as any other pop band y'know) around. It's got nothing to do with how Teles just look.

They've got nice headstocks though, I'll give them that. My perfect guitar would basically be an LP but with a Tele's headstock.