If I bought a Randall head without and cab could I hook it up to my Behringer Combo and have no problems? Or do I NEED a cab. thanks.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by shredforbread33
If I bought a Randall head without and cab could I hook it up to my Behringer Combo and have no problems? Or do I NEED a cab. thanks.

It depends on the speaker in your amp and the head.

On the other hand, if it's the cheap solid state head you're talking about, you'd have a pretty lousy head running through a Behringer speaker...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I have my head running through my old 100w combo, its fine(though tone is lacking because of craptastic speakers) but thats because I don't have the money for a cab yet.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
You can usually "daisy chain" equipment without a problem. You need leads to do it though. Keep the volume right down when introducing pre-amped sound to another amp just to be on the safe side. Then adjust upwards to suit.
Stop showing off and play the music!
well its like a 60 watt Combo but Im looking at Tube amps I just dont have the money for an entire stack right now. So it would be ok if i just hook them up?
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
bumpp
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
bump please i need closer!!!!!!!
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
the impedence would need to be perfectly matched, otherwise you could damage the head

Personally I'd advise getting a combo instead of stack/save up ur monies till you can afford the whole thing!!!
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
OK, I've done it both ways, head with a combo for a speaker and combo with separate cabinet, either for better sound or blown speakers.

If the combo has a jack going into the amp for the speaker, it can simply be plugged into the speaker out of the head if it's long enough. Make sure the impedance matches. I'm not sure about Behringer, but many amps are stamped with the impedance at the speaker jack. If not, you'll need to check it with a multimeter.

If the head has 4 ohm stamped on it, you need a 4 ohm speaker. 8 ohm would work, but would make the amp work a bit harder. DO NOT use below 4 ohm, that's bad for the amp. Ditto for 8 ohm, 16 ohm speaker or cabinet would work, no 4 or 2 ohm, it can blow the amp. Match the impedance if possible, do not use a lower impedance speaker.

If the combo does not have a speaker cable that plugs into the amp section, you'll need to make a patch cable, 1/4" guitar jack on one end, spade plugs in the other. Remove the connectors at the speaker and replace them with the patch cable, replace them when you're through. If the speaker has 4 connectors, only two are used, leave them and use the other two, just leave the amp turned off while using it as a speaker cabinet. (Best to make sure it's unplugged) In this case you can also leave the patch cable connected when not in use, just drop it in the bottom of the cabinet until it's needed again. Be very careful to match the polarity, it's not critical but can cause trouble. Positive should be marked with either a + or a red dot. It won't blow the amp, but will be out of phase. When you re-connect the speaker in the combo it needs to be back to the correct polarity too.

Is this a tube head? If so it cannot be used as a preamp through another amp unless it has its own speaker connected. No load on a tube amp can blow the output transformer. If it's solid state, it would probably work as a preamp, if it has an effects loop. Plug the Preamp Out/Effects Send into the guitar input of the amp you want to use as apower amp. DO NOT plug a speaker output into the guitar input of another amp. Very bad...speaker out signal is way too strong, crappy sound if you turn it really low, blown power amp if you turn it up.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...