I have an epiphone sheraton II and I have been told by countless people that if I were to replace the mediocre electronics in it, it would sound much better. It needs new pots, a jack, and a switch. How much should it cost? Is there a specific type I need? Can i do it myself?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Make Sure that you know how to solder well. Ive never seen a semi-hallow dissasembled but i would assume that its a little harder because you actualy have to BIND the wires after you put them through.

Make sure to have basic knowlage of electricity and of soldering. Wikipedia will do if you dont. There are guides out there but they will tell you how to route two parts together on some model not nessasarly yours. try to find one on another semi or a LP because those are more similar to your guitar interms of electronics than a strat (which is a little easyer to rig due to the removable faceplate).
yea, i knew it was gonna be hard considering it is a semi hollow. I guess I really don't wanna chance it then. So if I were to get it done by a pro, how much would it cost for parts and labor do you think?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

^it doesn't need better tolerance. the value pots don't really matter. what matters is, is when you turn it down, you get close to 0 ohms resistance. so you have a more 'wide open' sound when it's turned up or down.

i thought epiphone switches are hard to get to tho... is it worth the hassle?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^the 500k pot i got recently has only 2 ohms when turned down all the way! yay.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard