i just got one of these pups today for a guitar me and my dad are customizing. anyone have one of these? what do you think?
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
i just got one of these pups today for a guitar me and my dad are customizing. anyone have one of these? what do you think?

A few bits of info:

-what made you go for that pickup? If you don't know what it's like, why buy it?

-they are generally considered as not very good

-a pickup change won't have too much effect with the amps currently listed in your sig

This isn't meant to be offensive, but it's a good idea to read up before embarking on any mod, really, with pickup changes being no exception.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
A few bits of info:

-what made you go for that pickup? If you don't know what it's like, why buy it?

-they are generally considered as not very good

-a pickup change won't have too much effect with the amps currently listed in your sig

This isn't meant to be offensive, but it's a good idea to read up before embarking on any mod, really, with pickup changes being no exception.

well really i just got it because i needed a pickup with a pretty high output, and ive heard good things about them from friends, and i also know tom delonge used them in his strat, and i love the older blink-182 tones.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
I have a Spider II and I have a Schecter Syn Custom with 2 of the invaders in it. I'll tell you right now when you play the clean tone on the bridge pickup, it sounds just like Adam's song.
The pickup has a really fat punchy sound, so if that's what you're after then cool. It makes some nice, thick distortion sounds. I would say that it's perfect for punk rock!

Also, ignore anyone who tells you that your amp is too crappy to hear pickup differences. Sure, pickups make more of a difference on tube amps, but you can TOTALLy hear the difference between 2 different pickups on a Spider. I switched from a seymour duncan JB to a Custom and got a big difference in tone, even with my Spider II.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Quote by noodlegts
I have a Spider II and I have a Schecter Syn Custom with 2 of the invaders in it. I'll tell you right now when you play the clean tone on the bridge pickup, it sounds just like Adam's song.
The pickup has a really fat punchy sound, so if that's what you're after then cool. It makes some nice, thick distortion sounds. I would say that it's perfect for punk rock!

Also, ignore anyone who tells you that your amp is too crappy to hear pickup differences. Sure, pickups make more of a difference on tube amps, but you can TOTALLy hear the difference between 2 different pickups on a Spider. I switched from a seymour duncan JB to a Custom and got a big difference in tone, even with my Spider II.

Yeah....right...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
They are really only good for high gain stuff. Otherwise, they sound absolutely terrible.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
For Invaders to work best, they need to be used in a mid heavy situation, and for best results, with a thinner sounding amp. Otherwise they sound like mush.
Quote by wshnationals
well really i just got it because i needed a pickup with a pretty high output, and ive heard good things about them from friends, and i also know tom delonge used them in his strat, and i love the older blink-182 tones.

That's just it, you don't - you have a digital box of tricks for an amp that's capable of producing more than enough distortion...the pickups you have are pretty irrelevant. If you don't like your tone then pickups aren't going to change it, if you want to sound like tom delonge you need his AMP.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ts doesnt know what hes talking about

i thought the p/u was cool cause of the loooks.

i bet he bought it because of the looks. and blink have no tone, its just trebly pop distortion.
i have to admit the line 6 spider aren't that great at tones. lol when i had my spider 75watt my sg sounds exactly the same.
As far as distortion-friendly hot pickups go, I think you can do better than the Invader. Whatever floats your boat though I guess.

As far as the amp thing goes though, you do indeed definitely need to change amps, or that pickup will be wasted. I played two of my guitars through a Line6 Spider III for the first time this morning, one was a cheap-as-can-be Epiphone Dot Studio kept stock, the other was a Gibson LP Classic with BurstBucker #2 and #3 pickups added in - and through that ****ty Line6, I honestly couldn't tell a difference between the two guitars. It was just stupid, the amp sucked all the tone and life out of both of them.

Before you try changing pickups and so on, for the love of god, change that amp.