So I'm looking for a new amp for practice and future gigging. My budget is $600 - 800. Right now I'm using a Crate 10w and a Marshall Valvestate 10w. I play everything but mostly metal and ska. I was looking at some amps and a few I took note of were a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT-XL 100W, Randall RX120DHS 120W and a Peavy XXX half stack (I know a new one is out of my budget but I've seen some around for $650) Could anyone point me in the right direction of a new amp?

Thanks.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
So I'm looking for a new amp for practice and future gigging. My budget is $600 - 800. Right now I'm using a Crate 10w and a Marshall Valvestate 10w. I play everything but mostly metal and ska. I was looking at some amps and a few I took note of were a Vox Valvetronix AD100VT-XL 100W, Randall RX120DHS 120W and a Peavy XXX half stack (I know a new one is out of my budget but I've seen some around for $650) Could anyone point me in the right direction of a new amp?

Thanks.

hey i am kinda new to these forums, but in the small amount of time I have been posting here, I know there are dozens of thread about what amp to buy. Why dont you take a look at some of those?
Quote by richgray5
hey i am kinda new to these forums, but in the small amount of time I have been posting here, I know there are dozens of thread about what amp to buy. Why dont you take a look at some of those?

wow even the noobs are tellin u to use the search function, thats pretty bad
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
Quote by richgray5

Yeah and apparently you haven't noticed that we kinda like to be helpful here in the short time you have been posting here.

IMO I'd buy the xxx half stack IF you can find a decent one inside your price range.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by richgray5

noob-pwned. I hereby vote to remove this dude's noob status, he earned it.

But yeah. Just hit up Guitar Center or whatever and try 'em out. The Vox is very good for a solid state, I haven't had any experience with Randall, and the Peavey's nice but not uber-versatile. So try 'em out and make up your own mind.

EDIT: and i hereby sentence the guy above me to at least six extra months of noob status for, A, not embracing the noob-pwn, and B, not realizing that the post was helpful.
Quote by firebreath07
Yeah and apparently you haven't noticed that we kinda like to be helpful here in the short time you have been posting here.

IMO I'd buy the xxx half stack IF you can find a decent one inside your price range.

I honestly disnt mean to come off as a prick, like you did.

But, I think reading was is already written will be helpful, I know I have learned a ton just by readin old threads.

So, yeah, forum police, I was going to suggest something, but I already did in at least 2 other threads. Thanks for your support, however.
Quote by richgray5
I honestly disnt mean to come off as a prick, like you did.

But, I think reading was is already written will be helpful, I know I have learned a ton just by readin old threads.

So, yeah, forum police, I was going to suggest something, but I already did in at least 2 other threads. Thanks for your support, however.

You didn't come off as a prick. I looked through the other amp threads before posting this one, I just wanted some opinions on the 3 I was looking at and recomendations if those aren't that great for what I'm looking for.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
here is my real advice. Buy either a Fender Deluxe or a Peavey Classic 30.
They are both what I would consider entry level tube amps. You get vey good clean tones on both. If you play everything from Metal to Ska, keep it clean and just buy a pedal or 2 to get your metal tones. The amp wont cost you more than $400, and you can spend the rest on pedals..,.....and you be be loud as hell.
You might get cornered with a Peavey XXX, like the genuis suggested. Its made for one specific thing. I just think you are better off going as clean as possible, and just adding your own effects.
Thats what I was thinking of doing if I went for the Peavey XXX since I found this: http://merced.craigslist.org/msg/543857172.html
But then I realized it's in California. Also, are those Mesa's good for what I'm looking for?
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last Time I played a traynor YCV50 it had different tubes. It had a **** load of gain and godly cleans. I've heard that even with the stock tubes the amp has a lot of gain.

YOu can get them used for about 400-600 USD. About 700 new
YOU DONT NEED A HALFSTACK!
FFS
What gives you the conception that you need a 300000000 watt randall halfstack?
Just get a peavey XXX COMBO.
Seriously, unless you're gigging for more than 500 people, you dont need a halfstack.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
YOU DONT NEED A HALFSTACK!
FFS
What gives you the conception that you need a 300000000 watt randall halfstack?
Just get a peavey XXX COMBO.
Seriously, unless you're gigging for more than 500 people, you dont need a halfstack.

I never said I needed a half stack, I just noted that one because from reviews it seemed pretty decent, and I didn't know they made a Peavey XXX combo.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by CFH82
I never said I needed a half stack, I just noted that one because from reviews it seemed pretty decent, and I didn't know they made a Peavey XXX combo.

my apologies then.
I kinda got that by the 3 halfstacks you listed though
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
my apologies then.
I kinda got that by the 3 halfstacks you listed though

Haha np One was a combo lol.
Quote by blackenedktulu

Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm