What would help my sound better and in what ways?

For eq I'm looking at a mxr 10 band, pros and cons?

For pu's just a sh-6 in the bridge, not sure about a neck pu yet, pros, cons, suggestions?

I play a flextone amp and highway one hss strat.

If I got the mxr would I be able to tweak my tone then save it as a preset and just recall the preset and not use the pedal everytime I need that sound?

Oh I play stuff like, silverstein, taking back sunday, foo fighters, atreyu, GNR, AFI etc...

thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
^^ no but with the flex the amp itself has presets, so if the eq just boosts frequencies, will I be able to tweak it with the pedal then save the preset on my amp and recall it without using the pedal, or would I have to recall it using the pedal?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
bumpity bump
Gear:
Line6 UX2
...bump...
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
^^ no but with the flex the amp itself has presets, so if the eq just boosts frequencies, will I be able to tweak it with the pedal then save the preset on my amp and recall it without using the pedal, or would I have to recall it using the pedal?

It wont work that way, your amp saves what you tweak thats internally inside the amp, as in the circuit. Not single effect pedals.

and stop bumping your posts before your reported and this thread closed.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45