i have been playing around 3 years and my hands are pretty good. i can play some songs i have strength to do barre chords, but what is messing me up is pull-offs

i do this 4p3p2p1 with no problem on my eletric guitar on all strings but on my accoustic is pure pain i can do it on the little e string and when i get to the b i can still do it

but i have to put alot of effort into it and it makes my fingertips hurt like hell. what can i do to get more strenght on my fingers and the other issue i have is getting a full bend on my accoustic if i practice those my hand hurts like hell and i feel uncomfortable afterwards i play like if i was shocked with eletricty on my fingers it hurts just fretting a note

i dont see why i have this problem after 3 years i play almost daily.

also it be awesome if i can get some advice in switching between strings with pull offs
how can i practice that

for example i do 4p3p2p1p0 then i do a little pause and do same on next string
the pause messes me up since i dont keep it flowing nicely and if dont pause for a sec then i start messing up in alot of ways like ringing other strings finger messed fluency

hope i expressed myself clearly i write kind of crappy

any help is appreciated

edit: i forgot to mention my accoustic is steel strings
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Last edited by stefan1988 at Feb 1, 2008,
how can i lower the action of my guitar?
is it hard to do do?
or about how much does it cost to have the action set up?
or is the acoustic action typically high?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
I have the exact same problem on the acoustic guitar I use. The action is high and it hurts to play. I just thought it was because it was an acoustic. (Mine has steel strings too) I can't change the action because it's set at a certain height. Just keep practicing with it and you'll probably get used to it.
acoustic actions are pretty difficult to change unless you have a floating bridge or something (very rare)but mostly the bridge is cut down to a certain size, best do use a pro for that, but it will cost a lot of money and may not be very beneficial
My Gear:-
Epi Les Paul Custom
Yamaha YG Series
Boss ME20
Hartke Piggyback - is actually quite good!!
acoustic actions are pretty difficult to change unless you have a floating bridge or something (very rare)but mostly the bridge is cut down to a certain size, best do use a pro for that, but it will cost a lot of money and may not be very beneficia

i guess i just keep practicing on mine and in the future i buy a nice accoustic guitar like a t5 taylor or something

I have the exact same problem on the acoustic guitar I use. The action is high and it hurts to play. I just thought it was because it was an acoustic. (Mine has steel strings too) I can't change the action because it's set at a certain height. Just keep practicing with it and you'll probably get used to it.

originally i had a f-310 yamaha beginner guitar and the action was too dam high so i got an electroaccoustic ibanez and the action when i first got it was nice since it allowed me to do barre chords with no problem and it was smooth to play. i though that with a lot of practice my hand would get stronger but it drive me nuts after 3 years of playing i still cant the speed i want with my pull offs

i guess i jsut keep practicing thanks for advice guys
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff