its the cheapest tube amp ive seen that is good for metal, it was either this or i would keep looking on ebay for cheap 5150 combos. The amp i have now is a crappy 15 watt practice amp. I play metallica, iron maiden and megadeth for the most part. i have a ibanez rg the 20th anniversary yellow one. thanks in advance
Well if you can get a 5150 combo that would be better, but take into consideration with the Valveking you can have a 5 year warranty.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
I like my valveking it does what i want it too. Im still going to end up getting a 5150 though just to tool around with. The Valveking is going to be alot more verasatile so for a starter tube amp its a good choice until you find out what your really gonna be geared towards music wise. The 5150 is metal god but from what ive heard and from testing them out myself they dont do other stuff well. They can do them but not well... So it all depends on what type of music you play and what your into. Also the Valveking can get really close to a 5150 but be alot tighter or just as loose. Ill put up some clips of mine in a day or two, with me running through power chords and rhtyhm stuff.
If you like Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth, a used Marshall JCM900 w/ a good od pedal is for a better choice. It has the perfect voicing for what you need, and the bands you listed used them. The 5150 and Valveking aren't voiced too well for it, and with a Valveking you may need an OD to get a bit more gain out of it without cranking it. Likewise, the quality of them SUCKS. The 5150 is better in terms of quality, but is a darkly voiced amp, and has way more gain than you'll need.
Quote by CJRocker
If you like Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth, a used Marshall JCM900 w/ a good od pedal is for a better choice. It has the perfect voicing for what you need, and the bands you listed used them. The 5150 and Valveking aren't voiced too well for it, and with a Valveking you may need an OD to get a bit more gain out of it without cranking it. Likewise, the quality of them SUCKS. The 5150 is better in terms of quality, but is a darkly voiced amp, and has way more gain than you'll need.

thanks alot ill look into it. Is it possible for me to just buy a jcm head and put it through my vox it is 120 watts
Quote by powerslave69
thanks alot ill look into it. Is it possible for me to just buy a jcm head and put it through my vox it is 120 watts

Not unless you get something to put a dummy load on the Marshall. A weber attenuator can do it I think. I'd recommend just getting a cabinet though, that way you won't wreck anything.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.