my birth day is in two weeks and i was going to get a dano 59 but no one has them.
does anyone know why?
Last edited by danielgoodwill at Feb 1, 2008,
Limited dealer network. Most stores that sell their pedals can probably order you one though.
Yeah, my GC never had a Danelectro in stock when I was looking for a guitar (aside from that 12-string they had at one point, but that was used). which is too bad, because I would've gotten one if they had one.

You'll probably have to order online if you want to get one. It's worth it, though, you can't get that sound anywhere else.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Yeah, my GC never had a Danelectro in stock when I was looking for a guitar (aside from that 12-string they had at one point, but that was used). which is too bad, because I would've gotten one if they had one.

You'll probably have to order online if you want to get one. It's worth it, though, you can't get that sound anywhere else.

Unless you screw lipstick pickups to a piece of plywood...
Just kidding. Those old danelectros had a great slide sound .
My friend has an old danelectro. It's pretty ****e, to speak the honest truth.

The sound sucks, the body isn't even made of wood, and it goes out of tune constantly.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
My friend has an old danelectro. It's pretty ****e, to speak the honest truth.

The sound sucks, the body isn't even made of wood, and it goes out of tune constantly.

Listen to Jimmy Page play In My Time of Dying live and tell me it sounds crappy.
i just happen to be friends with the manager and a few other employes at my local guitar center so i might be able to ask them to order one for me
Now, granted, Page's Danelectro was cobbled together from two different guitars, but yeah. you can't diss the tone. Something about lipstick tubes and masonite really works.

Yeah, see if GC will get you one. you can get them through their site, they should be able to order one for you.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Listen to Jimmy Page play In My Time of Dying live and tell me it sounds crappy.

Alright - It sounds crappy.

You are one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen post. Sound is relative, and to me, it sounds like ****e. Big deal, just don't go brown-nosing up Jimmy Page's ass just because you like Zeppelin and think they're "gods". His work is good, yes, but still his live playing was sloppy and he didn't have the greatest tone, and many who understand music and don't just worship one guitar player will agree.

EDIT: I assume you mean this video?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh70uISGZw

...Great tone...
High as tits
Last edited by Suicidal_Brick at Feb 2, 2008,
Quote by Wulver
Now, granted, Page's Danelectro was cobbled together from two different guitars, but yeah. you can't diss the tone. Something about lipstick tubes and masonite really works.

Yeah, see if GC will get you one. you can get them through their site, they should be able to order one for you.

yeah i know but there site never has them
Last edited by danielgoodwill at Feb 2, 2008,
what, really?

*goes to check*

Damn, you're right. the 2007 stock must be all out.

So, uh, eBay? or http://www.danguitars.com ?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay