So I've heard some great things about this amp. And that it could handle Rock and hard rock and even metal with an OD pedal. Is this true?

and I happen to play a lot of Rock and Heavy rock and was wondering what kind of pedal I should get, OD, Distortion, or any others you can think of.

Why yes, indeed it can. It's more suited for classic rock and modern rock (to my ears at least). An OD would be best, but you really don't even need one if you don't plan to play Metal.

Admittedly, I haven't had much experience with the V16 (just a GC test run). If you want, there's a review on my group's page of it *see siggy*. Its our only forum
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have a V16. You won't be getting any mega-scooped-brutalness, but it should do lighter metal quite nicely. I also find it;s perfect for stuff like Guns N' Roses. I barely turn the gain up past 12 and its sounds great with my bad monkey.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by Darth_Queso
I have a V16. You won't be getting any mega-scooped-brutalness, but it should do lighter metal quite nicely. I also find it;s perfect for stuff like Guns N' Roses. I barely turn the gain up past 12 and its sounds great with my bad monkey.

+1, I own a V16, and its perfect for Rock and Hard-Rock (GnR, QOTSA, Black Sabbath, etc) but it can also get a decent Metallica/Megadeth tone with an OD in front of it.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Feb 1, 2008,