Ok so basically I've decided to try world of warcraft, but I just want to play it for a bit than cancel my account before the free month is up. I picked to have it billed to my phone bill just cuz I don't have paypal and didnt feel like dealing with credit cards. My question is....is the cancelling process quick and easy? I want to be able to just play....cancel it....and be done with it. I don't want it showing up on any bills or anything. Also...what happens to all my information when I cancel my account? Do they keep it in their database or something?
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
It's easy to cancel, and you can re-activate your account any time
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Yea I know it has a bad reputation but I just wanna see what the hell its all about

And thanks garret
-John Lennon
ive heard its really fun, but my cousin graduated like 5th in his class, then he got WoW, and he lost his scholarship cause he didnt leave his dorm and flunked freshamn english. twice.
Damn....

Yea....but oddly enough all the tragic WoW stories make me wanna play more cuz i wanna see whats so godamn good about it that it does this to people. But I think I'll be able to fight the urge to keep playing
-John Lennon
Quote by deutschenator
ive heard its really fun, but my cousin graduated like 5th in his class, then he got WoW, and he lost his scholarship cause he didnt leave his dorm and flunked freshamn english. twice.

What you're describing is an extreme example that is for some reason generalized for everyone who plays the game. when I played, (I had to stop because my PC is garbage) I still managed to lead a normal life like most other people who play.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
WoW is terrible.

Try CoH. Much better game. The only reason I'm not paying $15 a month for it anymore is because I've become too busy for video games -.-
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Oh please. It's just a game. Anybody who lets it take over their life has bigger issues than having too much time on their hands.
It's actually a lot of fun, but like the Romans say: "Everything in moderation."

In other words, take advantage of the fact that, the longer it's been since you played, the more exp you get for killing stuff.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Wow has over 9 million players.
Of all the countries in the world with 9millions or more inhabitants, all of them has pedophiles.
Dont judge the countries now and dont judge the game either.
Anyways the reason people can stick with the same game for several years is because of the social part, I sure started to play because I thought the fantasy environment was cool, but now I only stay to play with the friends I have made online, halo 3 or whatever beats the actual game by hundred miles.
And so far I dont know a single person that actually "ruined his life" playing.
I read about someone in china and someone in england that truly got addicted, but whatthehell, 9 millions.
General numbers(not wow), of 9 million ppl there is about a hundred that commit suicide every year, and alot more that are really depressed, some of those happened to be playing a certain game. 'nuff said.
Now still, take your responsibility, you only need half a brain to do that, try the game, you might like it.
I tried it. Got over it before my 2 months were up. I'm not a real RPG fan.

You must watch this though. It's funny in a way, but also quite sad.
I play, yet I'm doing pretty good in school, I have a social life, I'm still in the soccer team.
It's easy to just ignore everything else but I've managed to avoid it, in one simple line.
Real Life > WoW no matter how much I wanna play.
Aw, gee, I don't even play, but even I know it's Capital "W"'s and lower case "o"
WoW.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Quote by CowboyUp
Oh please. It's just a game. Anybody who lets it take over their life has bigger issues than having too much time on their hands.

You'd be surprised how uncontrollable it can get. Also how addictive

Im sure in the future they'll be laws against computer games because it is really THAT life destroying in some cases.

I wasted like 4 years of the prime of my life on some bull**** mmorpg...

probably the most regrettable decision i made when i was a kid...buying a computer game.
a crack habit would be more recreational than wow
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
God damn why can't people just answer the f*cking question.

WoW obviously shows up on my credit card bill. I didn't know you could pay for it via a phonebill. I'm guessing it would show up, why don't you want it to?

Cancelling is quick. You can cancel at any time. Say, 15 days in, if you cancel your subscription then you will not be billed again, and you DO get the other 15 days of your paid month to play.

Everytime you want to re-activate your subscription you must enter your payment details again, so they don't store your payment details.
^ what he said.

Btw, it really does depend on the person, as to how addictive it is. Personally, I like the game, but only play for the odd hour here or there tbh.

Just make sure you do other things as well
I have a level 99 mega-super dwarf with twin cannons. he is level 99 atm and his username is wowisprobablythegayestthingever
kids, don't mess with WoW. plenty say they can play and not get addicted, but before you know it youre missing meals, and... well, its a very slippery slope from there.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
I play WoW, and yeah i'm addicted. That doesn't mean I negletct myself or my life. i still go to work when needed, I still eat regular meals, take regular showers etc. if you let a game take over your life to the extent of some of these chat show idiots then you're a moron and deserve to die.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.