Page 1 of 2
im really statrting to get into them. so far i have
State of Masseschusets
Shippin up to Boston
Rocky Road to Dublin
Workers song
Time To Go

what are some other good songs like that.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
the whole do or die album is really really good, and some other songs you should check out are citizen c.i.a., famous for nothing, heroes from our past, the spicy mchaggis jig, and all of their stuff is pretty good actually haha
If I should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues
Turkish Song of the Damned - The Pogues
Sickbed of Cuchulainn - The Pogues
Dirty old Town - The Pogues
Navigator - The Pogues
London Girl - The Pogues
And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues

To name a few.
everything EXCEPT their new cd and their version of amazing grace...and the spicy mchaggis jig
these other guy are just haters
fields of athenry, kiss me i'm ****faced, warriors code, basically anything
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
Kiss Me, I'm Sh*tfaced
(F)lannigan's Ball
Walk Away
The Outcast
Fields Of Anthenry
Quote by devourthekitten
None?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
If I should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues
Turkish Song of the Damned - The Pogues
Sickbed of Cuchulainn - The Pogues
Dirty old Town - The Pogues
Navigator - The Pogues
London Girl - The Pogues
And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues

To name a few.
What they said.
Quote by _wow_
why does everyone hate the dropkick murphys now?

I don't know. I love them. They are one of the best bands out there (no matter what anyone says). I could deal without the whole skinhead issue though...
Quote by mrwaffles
I don't know. I love them. They are one of the best bands out there (no matter what anyone says). I could deal without the whole skinhead issue though...

umm yeah im kind-of clueless about this whole skinhead issue you speak of
Quote by _wow_

Apparently you didn't get the memo... Hatin on the DKs, it's the cool and edgy thing to do now...
Quote by _wow_
umm yeah im kind-of clueless about this whole skinhead issue you speak of

A lot of Dropkick fans are skinheads. Skinheads are white supremacists. I'm not white. Thus, I don't like skinheads.
Quote by mrwaffles
A lot of Dropkick fans are skinheads. Skinheads are white supremacists. I'm not white. Thus, I don't like skinheads.

Skinheads are...

Working class "ponx".

"The first skinheads were greatly influenced by West Indian (specifically Jamaican) rude boys and British mods, in terms of fashion, music and lifestyle.[1][2] Originally, the skinhead subculture was primarily based on those elements, not politics or race."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead
Quote by mrwaffles
Skinheads are white supremacists.

Wrong answer..

The proper would have been:

"some skinheads are white supremacists."

It's kinda funny how you are lumping them all together as a bunch of racists, when it is a subculture that was started by NON-WHITES (Jamaicans, to be exact)
Quote by mrwaffles

hey do you mind if ask for for your address so a few Mexiskin friends of mine can over there and kick your ass?

key word mexiskin
Quote by mrwaffles

haha i know what a skinhead is i just didnt realize there was such a big skinhead following involving the dropkick murphys
Fiiine. SOME MODERN skinheads are white supremacists. There have been issues with Dropkicks, skinheads, and racism before. I'm not implying that all skinheads are racist, just the ones involved in this particular conflict (hence the conflict).

happy?
Quote by crustyreed
hey do you mind if ask for for your address so a few Mexiskin friends of mine can over there and kick your ass?

key word mexiskin

Mexican skins? Super gangster! Mexico=awesome culture+ponx=extreme!
Quote by mrwaffles
Fiiine. SOME MODERN skinheads are white supremacists. There have been issues with Dropkicks, skinheads, and racism before. I'm not implying that all skinheads are racist, just the ones involved in this particular conflict (hence the conflict).

happy?

yessssssssssssssss
make up?
sorry homie its friday and im boreddd

and i saw the murphys live, at the end of the show a bunch of under 18 girls got on stage and danced shirtless........ eugh
i heart the Dropkick Murphys...and its not because i need to feel like i have some irish/boston heritage that i need to yell to the world. My favorite album would have to be Sing Loud Sing Proud, so many good songs on there
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Quote by crustyreed

yessssssssssssssss
make up?

and i saw the murphys live, at the end of the show a bunch of under 18 girls got on stage and danced shirtless........ eugh

Hooray for the lonely teenage years of the aspiring musician!
Quote by mrwaffles

I know some black skinheads.
Skinheads arnt racist

Skinheads are mod and jamican rude boy influenced English people with a love of reggae and ska!

Dropkick murphys are plastic paddys
this doesnt seem to be much of a DM thread anymore, more like an off topic argument thread, like all others on UG
I like how people compare DKM to the Pogues, but the two are hardly similar besides a handful of Irish songs. And devourthekitten, I hate you more and more with every post you make.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by crustyreed

yessssssssssssssss
make up?

The first time I saw them, everyone got on stage at the end. The next time, it was only underage girls.

I thought that was really lame.

Then I realized that their music wasn't that good and started listening to The Pogues instead.
Quote by sargasm
The first time I saw them, everyone got on stage at the end. The next time, it was only underage girls.

I thought that was really lame.

Then I realized that their music wasn't that good and started listening to The Pogues instead.

That is basically my story.

Except I listened to the Pogues first and never really liked DKM.

But my friend does so I've seen them live.

They did the underage girls thing at the concert I went to as well.
Time TO GO is my absolute favorite song by the dropkick murpheys. Theyre a good band
Thats A Cream Dream
Quote by _wow_

because their style is stale, boring, and overused, their releases keep getting worse and worse with time, and they're at the point where they really need to just stop making music. There's nothing else they (or anyone) can do with "Celtic Punk," the genre seriously needs to die.

Yes, I listened to their entire new album, and I was so disappointed that I'm actually turning down a chance to see Big D and the Kids Table again, because DKM is on the bill. Not worth my money.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
People jump on bandwagons so much in this forum, it's pretty sad.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
because their style is stale, boring, and overused, their releases keep getting worse and worse with time, and they're at the point where they really need to just stop making music. There's nothing else they (or anyone) can do with "Celtic Punk," the genre seriously needs to die.

But you could say that for any genre so how the fuck is that a valid point?
Because 'Celtic Punk' sucks more than any other genre.

Other than The Pogues of course.
Quote by oZone_TNS
But you could say that for any genre so how the fuck is that a valid point?

that's somewhat true, but Celtic punk is a subgenre that's especially narrow in sound. "Punk" is a very wide range of music, with plenty of opportunity for new and exciting sounds. However, when you narrow that down to a specific theme, eventually you'll run out of new things to do. Like how horror-punk artists are all the same because they ran out of stuff to talk about besides zombies, murderers, psychos, vampires, and aliens. The Dropkick Murphys exhausted the whole Celtic thing because there's not much to do within that genre besides glorify alcoholism and violence, name-drop places and things that only Bostonians will understand, and use stupid Irish slang that doesn't make any sense for an American band.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I was talking about, but you accused me of not having a valid point, so I figured I should make it perfectly clear for you.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I was talking about, but you accused me of not having a valid point, so I figured I should make it perfectly clear for you.

I understood what you meant, but when you say you dislike a band because their style is stale, boring, and overused I was only saying that you could apply that to countless bands and it would be a bit hypocritical to say you like them.

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
The Dropkick Murphys exhausted the whole Celtic thing because there's not much to do within that genre besides glorify alcoholism and violence, name-drop places and things that only Bostonians will understand, and use stupid Irish slang that doesn't make any sense for an American band.

I disagree with this. You could write about anything in the Celtic punk style but they choose not to.

If you don't like DKM I'm not going to try to change your mind.

Edit : V I see. No harm done
Last edited by oZone_TNS at Feb 7, 2008,
Page 1 of 2