Page 1 of 2
okay guys, this text might become a bit of a wall, but here goes.

our english teacher (miss herowane, pronounced heroin lol) is the dumbest human being i've ever encountered in my life. When i told her that it is 'an hotel' not 'a hotel', she cracked a **** fit and was yelling at me that i was wrong. I was right, but she still sent me to the office. that sucks. On the same day, she spelt 'invisible' 'invisiable'. i once again told her she was wrong, but she just said, "do you want a suspension?" i said "for correcting an english teacher on an english question? if you did that, you would get in trouble, not me!" so she says "okay bradley, sit down and be quiet from now on, okay?"
the next day, we go to the library to pick out a book for reading during class. i asked if i could bring my own from home because all the books in our high school library are 78 page teenager books. I asked if i could bring christine by stephen king, but she said "Is it rude?" i said no, even though it is a bit vulgar at some parts (not really). but she still said no for no reason. I asked why, but she still said no. just no, not 'because i don't want you to' just no. so i asked if i could bring another book, she asked which one? i said 'catcher in the rye', she said 'oh, whats that?' i realised i was going to get nowhere with this idiot, so i said 'it's a sex manual.' a blunt NO. obviously lol. i hate her obviously.
All my other teachers are idiots aswell. our music teacher is some idiot that won't let me play 'jesus saves' by slayer just because of the lyrical themes. i reminded him that it is a public school, and that our old teacher let us play any song we wanted. he said that it might offend some people in the class. he is a christian, and i said that it was a public school, so religious teaching is frowned upon. this didn't work, so i got stuck playing a song that he picked out for me. i played some 12 bar blues crap. boy was i pissed. the next week, we were using the computers at the school. i get up to get a pencil and he runs over to me in a huge panic and screams at me 'what are you doing?' i said 'getting a pencil out of my bag, calm down.' he said 'bradley, this is a very serious matter, now what are you doing?' i picked up the pencil out of my bag and showed him. then said ' i am getting my pencil okay?'.

this thread is very,very pointless, but i needed to vent.
It's not "a hotel"? Don't you pronounce the "h"? At least in English?
The medium is the message!
Public schools great, isn't it?
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Wait...she's an english teacher and she didn't know what Catcher in the Rye was about?
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
dude just get over it. You can play all the slayer you want at your house. Also, as far as I know hotel starts with an H, Hs aren't vowels, so it's correct to say 'A hotel'.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
First of all, the 12 bar blues are awesome. Second I can't say I have such problems.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Wow that's terrible. My algebra teacher didn't know **** last year... don't ask how I'm passing geometry this year.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
It is 'an hotel.' It's an exception, just like the ten million other exceptions in the english language.
Nope. None at all.
It's a hotel dumbass.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

you're wrong about the hotel.

an is used (mostly) before words that begin in vowels. H is a consonant

/pwnt
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by dio_dude

i played some 12 bar blues crap.

Blues isn't crap.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
jesus, other than long cat, that was the longest post ive ever seen. kudos, dio_dude
I think you were wrong about the hotel bit, but DAYUM. Those are some messed up people. At least your latin teacher (yes I take a dead language) doesn't tell you to **** off and then throw chalk at you.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
If you say 'an otel' when speaking (which is now often regarded as distinctly old-fashioned), then it may be appropriate for you to write 'an hotel'; but most people say 'hotel' with a sounded 'h', and should write 'a hotel'.

from oxford dictionary. for further proof
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Nah it is "a hotel" because you say it with a sounded 'h', unlike honour or hour.
Quote by spiff389
it is actually "a hotel"

no it's not. very stupid rule about english i know. say an before a vowel, like an elephant, but 'an hotel' is the correct way. i learnt that from my uncle, and he's a lawyer.
That's public school for you. Take higher level classes and you get smarter teachers.
You nids lessuns lulZ!!!

Actually, if the next word starts with a vowel, use "an"
If it doesn't use "a"

Example:

like, a dork, not an dork

an amplifier, not "a" amplifier
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by JC13
That's what I was thinking... But buddy, I'm pretty sure it's "A hotel"... H isn't a vowel...

The only time you say "An" before an "H" is an hero...

You're saying Mariah Carey is wrong?

'And then a hero comes along, with the strength to carry on.'

oh and yes, i'm aware of the h rule, but i really can't be assed going through and editing that lol
it's 'an hotel'! but it's very old fashioned. it's usually pronounced 'an otel though. so stfu anybody who says "no dude, it's a hotel". in the context the english teacher meant, it was incorrect. she said "i'm staying at a hotel tonight, i will meet you there." she was reading from some stupid boring as all hell book.
Last edited by dio_dude at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by dio_dude
it's 'an hotel'! but it's very old fashioned. it's usually pronounced 'an otel though. so stfu anybody who says "no dude, it's a hotel". ask anybody who knows what they are talking about in the English department and they will tell you!

No you must understand you are quite incorrect.
^^ i edited the last post to include the context it was used in. if i am wrong, that's public school for you. and there is a teacher shortage in our school, so she could be a p.e teacher for all i know. our science teacher is an art teacher.
It's "a hotel" when you speak "an hotel" when you write it dumbasses.
my science teacher rants about religion and to be politically correct says that god created the bacteria and they evolved. it would be nice if she just picked one theory
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Dude, you must be like 13 or something. Grow the **** up, and just have some respect.

Why should he show respect to someone who is blatantly disrespectful?
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
"The form an for the indefinite article is used before a spoken vowel sound, regardless of how the written word is spelt. If you say 'an otel' when speaking (which is now often regarded as distinctly old-fashioned), then it may be appropriate for you to write 'an hotel'; but most people say 'hotel' with a sounded 'h', and should write 'a hotel'."

Source: http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutgrammar/hotel

There you go.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
thihs one time this teacer was totaly a slut so i called her a slut. she gave me a detentio, but i was like hell no im not goin to that **** fuk u but she suspeneded ,me

shes a bitch n i hate her
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 1, 2008,
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Why should he show respect to someone who is blatantly disrespectful?

There's a difference from being dumb and disrespectful. His teachers obviously don't act too bright, but giving them lip about it won't do anything but aggravate them even more.
Peace.
Who would say "Lets go get an hotel" anyway? It sounds just as retarded as it looks.
Quote by spiff389
it is actually "a hotel"

+1
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Page 1 of 2