hey there. i was playing around with my friends mesa f 50 and it was an amazing amp. no chance to dial in many different tone but i liked what i heard. so now i was thinking of upgrading, i found a perfect used f 50 for $800 and i am thinking BOUT IT. but if im putting down a lot of money for my next amp i want to be REALLY satisfied. so i am going to stretch my budget to $1500. should i get the F 50 or go for an engl thunder, what about a framus dragon? which one would you guys reccomend? i would like a thick crunchy clear gain but most importantly crystal clear cleans.

thanks a bunch.
Quote by lilchimp818
hey there. i was playing around with my friends mesa f 50 and it was an amazing amp. no chance to dial in many different tone but i liked what i heard. so now i was thinking of upgrading, i found a perfect used f 50 for $800 and i am thinking BOUT IT. but if im putting down a lot of money for my next amp i want to be REALLY satisfied. so i am going to stretch my budget to $1500. should i get the F 50 or go for an engl thunder, what about a framus dragon? which one would you guys reccomend? i would like a thick crunchy clear gain but most importantly crystal clear cleans.

thanks a bunch.

I cant really speak for the framus, but im sure its high quality.
The mesa would be a good choice, also, look into a ENGL screamer.
People say the H&K switchblades are good too. Look into a JSX too, but it will probably be a little more challenging to dial in that clean gain that youre talking about. It can get pretty heavy though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Personally, I would go with the Framus.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If you can get a framus dragon for $1500, do it.

However, I highly doubt it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
cool, ya i was leaning towards the framus anyway, i hear the dragon has fantastic cleans but what about the cobra? its geared more towards high-gain right? and i think its more pricey.
The Dragon costs about $2000+ usd new, and MAYBE $1500 used, but that's in euro and GBP prices, chnces are, the prices here will be slightly inflated.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra